[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear techs, I recently purchased a 780TI to upgrade my computer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: ASUS_GTX_780_Ti_DirectCU_II_02.jpg (103 KB, 650x589) Image search: [Google]
ASUS_GTX_780_Ti_DirectCU_II_02.jpg
103 KB, 650x589
Dear techs,
I recently purchased a 780TI to upgrade my computer. After installing it I ran a benchmark to check my preformance. I got 10500 in 3dmark fire strike 1080p. I'm also running a i5 2500k @ 3.4 GHz. I also got the brawn achivement, meaning that somehow my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu. What should I do? OC?
>>
Just to clarify, it is the asus OC edition
>>
>>54684
If you say you know the CPU is bottlenecking then yes you can try OC but you better know what you are doing and make sure you make it stable at proper temps for your cooler. An aftermarket cooler could be best. That CPU is perfect for overclocking.

I'm not an expert but I think once a CPU is overclocked it runs constantly at that speed? I don't know but that may be something good to check if it's the case and you want to constantly be spending that electricity. I could be talking out my ass though.
>>
>>54684
OC this shit, it's what it's made for. Buy a custom cooler, though - 212 EVO and Cryorig H7 are cheap ($20-$40) and helluva efficient. with those you should be able to push it to 4-4.5 GHz no trouble without going over 60-70 C under load.

Hope that 780Ti was a good deal. nVidia's Gameworks tends to sabotage their older cards along with Radeons, raw 780 runs the new Tomb Raider on 960's level. Other than that, solid card.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.