[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1TB HDD stopped working all of the sudden. Spins up fine with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1[1].jpg (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
218 KB, 1024x768
1TB HDD stopped working all of the sudden. Spins up fine with no audible clicking or grinding. 9 times out of 10 it is not recognized by OS or BIOS, and when it is. it's inaccessible. From my research, I'm guessing it's a faulty PCB.

Opinions?
>>
Sounds like your Paddle-card is dead. Drive works fine but data isn't going from platter to platter.
Not really something I'd recommend the average User operate on, but you can find a dead drive and switch them out. You literally pull the one off the dead drive and swap it out with your good one.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>54474
>Not really something I'd recommend the average User operate on

cannot second this enough. MIGHT fix it if you know what you're doing.

I'd use one of the 1/10th times you have with it working to BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU GIVE A SHIT ABOUT as any attempted opening / fixing of the HDD has a high chance of fucking it over for good.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.