[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I know this is a long shot but maybe someone could help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: LED.jpg (22 KB, 189x250) Image search: [Google]
LED.jpg
22 KB, 189x250
Hey guys I know this is a long shot but maybe someone could help me out I have tried googling but I can't figure out exactly what's going on.

So, a few months ago my PSU died and i replaced it with another one. Ever since then what happens after i shut down my computer and turn off the switch on the back of my PSU is that the LED light turns on like once in every X seconds which would indicate to me that there is some sort of residual electricity charge or something on my motherboard. I am unsure if that is the case and how I should go about fixing it, I have replaced all the rams and even the battery chip but the problem persists. Recently my old GPU finally died (8800gt) and my concern now is that this "blinking-LED" issue could damage my components so I'm afraid to order a new 150-200$ GPU just to have it be susceptible to damage by a charged motherboard. Keep in mind that having a charged motherboard is what i suspect is occurring but I have little to no understanding on this issue and would appreciate any kind of help. Also keep in mind that everything has been working fine ever since i replaced my PSU, I just ignored the blinking-LED issue and I doubt it ruined my GPU since it was pretty old and used up anyways.

tldr: My motherboard LED blinks when all power is off, how do I check if it's safe to install new hardware on this computer?
>>
What's the motherboard ?
>>
>>54245

p5k-pro
>>
that lights next to the motherboard power right ?, id Imagen it supposed to be their to say that the mobo is getting powered properly. my may not have seen it before because your psu was fucked.
>>
File: mobohelp.png (26 KB, 702x414) Image search: [Google]
mobohelp.png
26 KB, 702x414
>>54248

I looked through the manual it's literally just a light that shows its on standby.
>>
i haven't made myself clear i guess.

nevermind.... thanks for trying to help anyway
>>
>>54243
Seeing as you're determined to ruin your PC, why don't you try opening it and taking the CMOS battery out every time you turn it off?
>>
>>54254
looks like this guy explicitly answered the question...

>>54268
>i haven't made myself clear i guess.
....you then proceed to NOT clarify any further
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.