[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wifi speed problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I recently moved into a new apartment, and the wireless internet is only 3-5mbps. When I use an ethernet cable, it is 80-90mbps, so obviously something is very wrong with the wifi.

The wireless router is an Jensen Airlink 89300 v3.

The only available band is 2,4 gHz. There is no speed limitation active.

What router settings can I try to modify in order to increase the speed?

(the speed is the same on 4 seperate devices, so the problem should be the router)

Thank you very much for your help!
>>
Some factors come to mind concerning lackluster wifi spreeds:

Are distant are your devices from your wifi router? What obsticles are there in-between?

Similarly, are there other wifi networks around you? Mostly like they have the same default settings at you so might have to change the wifi channel you are on.

I noticed your wifi router is capable of 300MB but I infer you got a 100MB down plan. While you are changing the channel, change setting to "G+" or "G-MIMO" and see if any combination changes anything.
>>
>>54190
Maybe try another channel? There could be a lot of interference.
>>
>>54190
can you add some more details about your test?
where were you located relative to the wifi router?

also, as a general rule of thumb, wifi speeds are going to be less they wired
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.