[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I do not watch a lot of anime, but there is something I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 20
So, I do not watch a lot of anime, but there is something I don't get:

You never see the Imperial army in anime. By that I mean the Japanese soldiers from WW2, I never once saw an anime where they fought, or even showed them. I googled it, still no results, minus one anime that featured some young kid in the same period.

You would think that japanese banzai-ing and shit would make for a pretty good show, you know? I am an american, but I wouldn't mind seeing a war time anime where the imperial army is kicking america's ass at first, but then takes a sharp turn for the worst pretty quick.

BTW, if something like that exists, let me know and give me source. Manga optional, but I prefer anime
>>
Nanking.
>>
>>53723
WW2 has utterly emasculated Japan to the point where they are so ashamed of WW2 that they don't even know how to approach it. Just look at their textbooks whitewashing it.
>>
>>53724
Are you sarcastic, or is that the actual name of anime/manga?
>>
>making an anime about the war where the Japanese did a lot of horrible things to other people and still lost the war after getting nuked twice
>show it to the Japanese people and rub it in their faces
Even if someone there is stupid enough to make one, I doubt they will allow it to be aired on tv
>>
>>53724
>Nanking
Holy shit that shit was great
>>
>>53723
>You would think that japanese banzai-ing and shit would make for a pretty good show, you know?
You mean the same way Disney made that Pocahontas film, except they completely changed the story so it has no relation to what actually happened? Trying to tell a historically accurate story is not entertaining, so no one ever does it.
>>
>>53729
BARELY EVEN HUMAN!
>>
I don't blame them for not showing Imperial Japan. The Pacific War was an embarrassment for them. Just goes to show "Start shit, get hit",

>inb4 some weeaboo gets mad
>>
Does Germany have cartoons about Hitler?
>>
>>53730
SAVAGES SAVAGES
>>
>>53729
I'm thinking something more along the lines of japanese "Saving Private Ryan"

And really, I wouldn't mind magic or demons or shit, whatever the hell is popular in japan these days. I mean, realistic anime, am I right?

Actually, I wouldn't mind something like "Operation Darkness". It's a WW2 Turn based ATLUS RPG for Xbox 360 with vampires and werewolves, it would be cool if they did something like that.
>>
>>53733
DRIVE THEM FROM OUR SHORE.
THEY'RE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME, WHICH MEANS THEY MUST BE EVIL.
WE MUST SOUND THE DRUMS OF WAR!
>>
File: 1439418665217.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1439418665217.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>meanwhile states made 1 million movies about nam
>>
because the fucking lost
>>
>>53723
Next season's Joker Game is an anime set in 1937.
You'll get a bit of a taste of the IJA faffing about.
They were a bunch of cunts brainwashed on a bastardised version of bushido, an episode the country would like to forget
>>
>>53734
Anon, there's a reason why there's no German Saving Private Ryan either. When you lose the war you don't get to make glorious war stories
>>
>>53735

the only honest song ever written
>>
>>53734
Have you seen Letters From Iwo Jima?
>>
>>53723
America should've killed the emperor and his family. Made romanji the official alphabet and not helped the rebuilding.
>>
File: 1540.jpg (53 KB, 502x709) Image search: [Google]
1540.jpg
53 KB, 502x709
>>53724
Wow, you were right they made one. Then the pussy politicians banned it lol
>>
There should be an anime about getting nuked
>>
SHOWA the manga by shigeru mizuki is about pre war- war- and post war japan and is largely autobiographical. So youll read about what happened during the war from a first person perspective.
>>
File: hikaneh.jpg (31 KB, 276x358) Image search: [Google]
hikaneh.jpg
31 KB, 276x358
>Chinks & Gooks
>>
>>53745
Highly recommend this.
>>
>>53745
thx
>>
>>53742
That's the kind of shit that led to the Nazis gaining power.
>>
>>53738
Joker Game?
>>
>>53736
Have we made any cartoons about Vietnam though?

Which would be a far more relevant comparison to make.
>>
>>53723
Would Zipang count?
Not that it is general warfare but rather something like the 80's flick The Final Countdown.
>>
Honestly, the only example I can think of is Strike Witches.

>>53739
But the Germans made "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" which is the best WW2 movie/series I've seen (haven't seen "Come and See" yet).
>>
>>53736
To be fair most of those movies are about how fucked up that whole situation was, including some of the fucked up shit we did there (though the movies barely touch the tip of the iceberg of the shit we did there).
>>
>>53751
Animu and manga has a higher status in nipland than cartoons do in the west.

As has already been said in the thread, nips are deeply ashamed of their role in WW2.
That the fighting was done by peasants tricked with the hollow promise of bushido by conscription, that everything about their strategy and armaments were backward, antiquated, amateurish endeavors, that they engaged in absolute savage barbarism against people they consider utter mensch, and most of all that they LOST.
>>
There's The Wind Rises. Doesn't really show any actual warfare, but it takes place during WWII.
>>
>>53723
Do some research and maybe watch Japanese Devils. It's a very polarizing issue in Japan, even today. What they did was much, much worse than simply gassing a bunch of Jews.

>In other tests, subjects were deprived of food and water to determine the length of time until death; placed into high-pressure chambers until death; experimented upon to determine the relationship between temperature, burns, and human survival; placed into centrifuges and spun until death; injected with animal blood; exposed to lethal doses of x-rays; subjected to various chemical weapons inside gas chambers; injected with sea water; and burned or buried alive.

>Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs

>"One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a Chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and her bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left, and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work."

>Instead of being tried for war crimes, the researchers involved in Unit 731 were given immunity by the U.S. in exchange for their data on human experimentation.
>>
>>53757
>What they did was much, much worse than simply gassing a bunch of Jews

Germans did the same shit. Fortunately for them, since they kept meticulous records for all the insane bullshit they did, Operation Paperclip meant many of their "scientists" got to come to America so they could work on shit like MK Ultra
>>
>>53755
Alright, no need to fly off the handle, fuckboy.

You should have stopped at the first line and saved it for someone who was actually talking to you about that.
>>
File: ep 17 Tally-ho.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ep 17 Tally-ho.webm
3 MB, 800x450
NIPPON BANZAI
>>
>>53755
I will add that 60% of Japanese deaths were due to sickness and starvation
>>
>>53757
Germans had their own experiments similar to this, so that plus the holocaust still makes them worse.
>>
>>53750
Yes
>>
>>53757
>What they did was much, much worse than simply gassing a bunch of Jews
>simply gassing a bunch of Jews
Really mate?
>>
Zettai Karen Children delves into WW2 stuff through some character flashback arcs.
>>
>>53764
If this is true, then yes, it was much worse.

Problem? Go to /pol/ and bitch about it
>>
>>53758
>>53762
They didn't kill nearly as many in their experiments, nor where they anywhere near as brutal. America is fucked for pardoning them but who knows where we would be today if they didn't buy their knowledge.
>>
>>53732
Germany puts you in prison for speaking the same language as Hitler. that's why they're making Arabic an official national language.
>>
>>53755
>Animu and manga has a higher status in nipland than cartoons do in the west.
No. This is incorrect. Just being more prolific hasn't given them a higher status.
>>
File: 1446937480398.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446937480398.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
>Manga about your backward country getting kicked the fuck out from its own islands
>Manga about your backwardness and brutal manners
Yeah,that would sell well anon
>>
>>53766
I was implying that he minimized the Shoah to a bunch of executions, how is it /pol/tier?
>>
>>53723
Watch more anime/manga made by people born before 1950.
>>
>>53751
nam shows up and is parodied in loads of cartoons

the western world doesn't make serious cartoons tho
>>
So, since we established that the japs are too spineless to talk about their history, what about the EU front of WW2? Is there any anime that revolves around the nazis during WW2? Russians? Americans ect? Like I said, I'm a huge WW2 buff, and I heard japan has a strange nazi fetish
>>
File: karate-baka-ichidai-4335.jpg (49 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
karate-baka-ichidai-4335.jpg
49 KB, 350x495
>>53723
dude in this show starts as a kamikaze pilot
then there's a montage and he's a karate hero
>>
>>53772
Would love it if you gave me some names to start out with
>>
>>53774
>implying america doesn't have a nazi fetish too

Nazis looked fresh as fuck and were genuine james bond villains
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z.png (253 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z.png
253 KB, 640x480
>>53774
>>
>>53774
>Please spoonfeed me
Just google it
>>
>>53774
Google nigger.
>>
>>53723
> a war time anime where the imperial army is kicking america's ass at first,
That never happened anon. Japs were underequipped and had shit tactics. They were slaughtered when they banzaied the muricans
>>
File: 030ed.jpg (300 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
030ed.jpg
300 KB, 600x853
>>53760
>Fox Three
>Cannon fire
IT'S "GUNS" YOU FUCKING MORONS

Manga did it better anyway, but what else is new?
>>
>Neets, who have nothing to do with the war, are mad over one that took place over 70 years ago.
Why?
>>
File: Pearl.png (22 KB, 339x530) Image search: [Google]
Pearl.png
22 KB, 339x530
>>53781
:^)
>>
>>53779
>>53780
I can't find any war time anime/manga, once again just unrelated stories in the setting.

You're seriously telling me that nobody ever made any manga/anime that revolved around a nazi/imperial soldier on duty?
>>
>>53785
There are, you clearly haven't looked. All this time, since you asked, you could have found results yet here you are.
Fucking newfags.
>>
File: 1447970643662.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1447970643662.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>53784
>surprise attack on a country that is vastly superior to your own
>don't even attack the right place
>don't even cripple their ground navy or air force with said surprise attack
>gets fucking wrecked in a war they weren't prepared for
>>
>>53787
>surprise attack
Nice meme.
>>
>>53725

You mixed up Japan with Germany. It's a common mistake, but the quickest way to tell the two apart is:

Which one is full of men of one ethnicity molesting women of another ethnicity on a mass scale

And which one is full of men of one ethnicity molesting women of *the same* ethnicity on a mass scale
>>
>>53787
>implying Japs didn't BTFO America at Pearl Harbour
Really?
>>
>>53784
>But Japs did Pearl Harbor!!!1
No fucks given. They only sunk bunch of old battleships,destroyers and cruisers. The stuff that really didnt matter at all.

Pear Harbor might have had an impact if they sunk some carriers but that never happened.
>>
>>53784
I love America's mindset about the ships lost at Pearl Harbor.
Replace them? Fuck that, haul those sunken ships out of the water, patch them up and then shove them up Japan's ass.
>>
>>53785
You fucking answered your own question.
>>
>>53723
/k/ here, since nobody else has actually answered your question, I guess I will.
In Japan's imperial era, there was /massive/ inter-service rivalry. More so than "haha fucking squid" "Fuck you jarhead" and army-navy football games, there was nearly civil war between them on a couple of occasions. Because of this stark divide, they fiercely competed for funding and resources. The Army's performance during the Manchurian campaign and /especially/ the attempted Soviet invasion lead to the balance of power swinging heavily in the favor of the Navy. While the Navy was building state of the art cruisers and aircraft carriers, the army had to deal with tank designs that were, in some cases, older than the men crewing them. This, along with a PR effort by the Navy lead to a perception that still exists today that the IJA was somewhat of a second-rate service when compared to the Navy.
>>
>>53791
>Muh bomb
>Muh i dun care
>Muh bumb
>>
File: 1418173190969_rekt.webm (673 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1418173190969_rekt.webm
673 KB, 480x320
>>53787
The casus belli they had was even more retarded.

>Hurr invade America's ally.
>Oh no! They stopped selling us oil!
>Why're they being so mean to us? *bayonettes child* *shoots mother*
>>
File: ep 17 Onee-sama.webm (811 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ep 17 Onee-sama.webm
811 KB, 1280x720
BANZAI

BANZAI
>>
>Modern day country that lost war to the current super power and people in control
>Being allowed to make anything even remotely historically accurate
Just look at Germany, anything that even dares stray from Jewish American narrative is banned.
>>
Damn "patriotic" and historicaly accurate internet america teamforce is going all out today
>>
File: 1446493944709.jpg (26 KB, 366x252) Image search: [Google]
1446493944709.jpg
26 KB, 366x252
>>53784
For a second I thought that said Mobile Suit instead of Mobile Unit.
>>
>>53782
>He doesn't have active radar-homing 20mm shells
>>
File: 1453782463120s.jpg (1 KB, 78x125) Image search: [Google]
1453782463120s.jpg
1 KB, 78x125
>>53798
>>
>>53791
>killing civilians is the same as fighting an army.
>>
>>53792
Would have been cheaper and faster that way, battleships would have taking a shit tone of resources and time to build from scratch. Plus as you said they have the bonus points of shock value when they are looking at them again on the battlefield.
>>
>>53744

Futuer War 198X
>>
>>53798
All the Germans with any fight left were purged. Only cucks remain.
>>
>>53790
did america not turn around and take a dump on japan while contributing heavily to the eastern front?
>>
File: Untitled.png (29 KB, 346x597) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29 KB, 346x597
>>53784
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Fuck you mod. Fuck this place.
>>
Why the fuck did this get moved?
>>
This thread has more to do with /his/ than /wsr/.
>>
>>53803
Oh boy here we go.

The American command at the time was fully convinced that Japan would hold out until the last man (just like Germany). Because of suicidal operations such as Operation Ten-Go and the Okinawa defence. And Japan was indeed preparing to do so, as far as giving old ladies bamboo spears to charge at Americans with.

The nukes were intended to accelerate the surrender of Japan without having to do a ground invasion by crippling their weapons production industry. Which it did.
>>
>>53815
Fuck off, you just didn't want to share with Russia.
>>
>>53815
I am not contesting that. I am contesting the fact that you think it means anything in relation to the argument we are having. Japan rekt American armies meanwhile American armies rekt Japanese civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cherry_Blossoms_at_Night

At least the Japanese are creative.
>>
>>53814
Truly an odd move; the OP wasn't even a request.
>>
>>53818
your hate boner for america is hilarious but does not change the fact japan was utterly outmatched in everyway in the pacific war, the japs lost the war long before the nukes but refused to surrender because they gave no shits about their own civilians

and they lost to an America that was focusing on germany
>>
>>53818
>At least the Japanese are creative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb
>>
>>53816
Firstly. I'm not American.

And secondly, who would want to share anything with the Soviet Union?

At least America managed to keep Taiwan, South Korea, and the Philippines free.
>>
File: Bataan.png (21 KB, 304x438) Image search: [Google]
Bataan.png
21 KB, 304x438
>>53822
You are wrong though,
>>
>>53823
Genius.
>>
>>53818
>Japs rekking American armies
Nice one anon
>>
>>53823
You must be pretty fucking crazy to be a war scientist.
>>
>>53826
>Bunch of Filipinos
>This means americans were weak
could you not cherrypick anon. You might as well google midway
>>
File: 1455081490844.jpg (152 KB, 770x458) Image search: [Google]
1455081490844.jpg
152 KB, 770x458
Behold. The IJA's ultimate hidden weapon to defend the Home Islands from those dirty gaijin devils.
>>
File: barefoot-gen-gif.gif (1 MB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
barefoot-gen-gif.gif
1 MB, 500x297
USA USA USA
WE GOT THE BIGGEST BOMBS, THE. BIGGEST WAISTLINES, AND THE BIGGEST DICKS
>>
why doesn't murrica go to civil war again? i imagine they have shitters they want to get rid of
>>
>>53830
It was a crazy war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqA1UK39Hs
>Piracy, Sweatshop labor, underselling Western goods to build a vast war machine
Does anyone else find it somewhat unnerving how accurately that this propaganda piece describes modern China?
>>
>>53823
That's not the only crazy thing America's weapon devolpment program has tried either
Project Pigeon is already mentioned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Kitty
>>
>>53833
>middle girl in foreground with her butt perked out

Why boner? Also this would have destroyed American morale if we thought this was what we were fighting.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.