[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
alright so there is an mdf file of a rare cd-rom bonus disc from SERIAL EXPERIMENTS LAIN BOOTLEG the soundtrack with a shit ton of extras on it but i cant figure out how to fucking open this file. when i open it in 7-zip it extracts and it just stops in the middle of it and i cant read most of the files on it. heres a link to it http://files.persona.cc/zefie/files/selaindvd/download/ ive been talking to everyone about this if you have any knowledge on this please help me or if you know somewhere else i can get this fucking file that would be amazing aswell
>>
>>53484
Yeah, I'll take a look cuz Lain.

Try changing the ext to .iso instead of .mdf and then mount it.

File may be corrupted. Would it hurt to download it again?
>>
>>53493
bless you anon.how do i mount the file??
>>
>>53533
You google "how do I mount an MDF file".

This is not an extractable file, and god knows why 7zip is associated with it. As >>53493 said, try mounting it as an .mdf, if this fails try changing it to an .iso and try again.
>>
>>53558
this involves a CD/DVD disk and me mounting the file onto the disk correct?
>>
>>53569
How about instead of speculating and wasting the time of people who are offering you advice for nothing, you go read how to mount a fucking disk image? It has nothing to do with physical disks.
>>
Holy shit my sides
>>
File: 01.webm (2 MB, 1020x768) Image search: [Google]
01.webm
2 MB, 1020x768
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
>>
>>53713
See, I enjoy that you go to the effort of making webms and I have seen several of them, but is it not better to teach a man to fish than to waste your own time to that level?
>>
>>53717
no, not really.
>>
>>53713
>01.webm
FUCKING GOD BE WITH YOU YOU ARE A SAVIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>53558
Everything is an "extractable file".

There is absolutely no difference between an archive and a filesystem, and I defy you to draw one.
>>
>>53958
> absolutely no difference
Well, seeing as how you're going to be an absolutist faggot, a file system does not require middleware over and above the OS's native functions to work. Pretty fucking huge difference right there.

Next time you want to try to make a point, don't be such a smartarse about it.

>>53717
I also find this odd. I'm here to teach people, not spoon feed idiots who are a google search away from an answer that is more comprehensive than 2000 characters can address. If someone can at least demonstrate they are taking shit onboard I'll get the spoon out, but fucklords like OP who obviously disregarded the advice posted need to have their threads 404 with no further replies. Thread could have been over 10 posts ago.
>>
>>53713
Did you put the file on an external hard-drive and mount the files from the drive onto a CD?
>>
>>53713
Anon do the pictures come out fine? can you read and view all of the files? because i did everything in the video to try to solve OPs problem and it seemed there where files missing
>>
>>53986
no you fucking idiot he mounted it onto an external drive (passport, flashdrive etc)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.