[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OEM Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 140812REDMackieWin7.jpg (40 KB, 647x450) Image search: [Google]
140812REDMackieWin7.jpg
40 KB, 647x450
So I'm rebuilding my computer. I can tell it's starting to fall to the wayside, and to be fair I've been running it every day for at least 4 or 5 years now. I'm starting at the "base" with a new mobo and cpu. There are mixed ideas as to whether or not you should reinstall an OS, and I have decided to be safe than sorry and invest in a new OS as well while I'm changing mobo and cpu out. Enter Windows 7 OEM. I have researched this shit ten times over and am at a loss in what I should invest in, enter you guys. I trust the opinion of 4chan before I trust talking to Microsoft themselves (which is sad). I need to know whether or not I can use these OEM's which seem to be a bit sketchy, or if I need to invest in a full retail version of Windows 7 which seems to be rarer than unicorn pussy.

If someone could just send me a fucking link of what I'm supposed to buy, I'll be out of your hair.

Thanks 4chan.
>>
>>53335
You'll probably be better off purchasing a retail version:
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-Builder-Refurbished-Installation/dp/B00LG0K4MM
>>
>>53337
The link is still OEM, not full retail. Secondly I've heard some problems with refurb OS's that your hardware might not recognize is appropriately. I'm not sure about all of that, just what I've heard.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.