[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC build advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 41S4vPmIlIL._SY400_ (1).jpg (14 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
41S4vPmIlIL._SY400_ (1).jpg
14 KB, 298x400
Hey guys, was looking to get advice on my first PC build. I'm kind of on a budget, but I found this 700 build that seemed decent:

http://techbuyersguru.com/750-budget-gaming-pc-build

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4590 ($198.95)

MOTHERBOARD:
MSI B85M-G43 ($82.21)

VIDEO CARD:
Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 Gaming G1 4GB ($204.99)

MEMORY:
Crucial 2x4GB Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 ($32.99)

HARD DRIVE:
Seagate 1TB ($48.99)

CASE:
Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 ($45.99)

POWER SUPPLY:
EVGA 500W ($34.99)

I will probably just download Win7 or something and buy a key for 10 bucks.

Just wondering if anyone here knows of alternative parts that perform better than those listed that are near the same price range, to get more bang for my buck. I don't need a NASA level PC, but something that will decently push games up until this point. I asked /v/ and they had some good suggestions, I thought I'd ask here as well for any other advice.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>52555

>500W
>buy a key

Yeah you're a retard.
>>
>>52591
at least he didnt fall for the ssd meme
>>
>>52591
You could offer some alternatives instead of being a pretentious duck.
>>
>>52632
Get a little higher PSU, aim for 600 minimum. That build is very similar than mine and I max out all of my games. Hardcore mustard race fags will probably try to convince you to change to a Nvidia graphics card or two and upgrade to a 4k monitor, but if you're content with 1080p gaming then your rig couldn't get much better desu
>>
>>52555
CPU - good.
Motherboard - You don't need B85 since you're not overclocking. H81 motherboards are dirt cheap.
Put the money saved into R9 390.
Memory - Yeah.
Hard Drive - Yup. Would be nice to get an SSD also.
Case - You can go $10 cheaper here with Cougar Spike.
PSU - Should be good.

Here's your build, still costing $750, and having a way better video card (I'm talking Ultra settings here) along with an SSD.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C4ysqs
>>
>>52696
>>52696
>>52696
>>52638
Awesome. I really appreciate it. I was wanting to include an SSD but didn't know where to fit it into the mix. Might even go with a smaller HD to cut a little cost off. I don't know if I'll need a full tb. Will have to think on it
>>
>>52638
>>52752
Mustard here and would go with a nvidia graphics card. The R9 380 is pretty top tier but I got better benchmarks from a similar build with a 960. Only difference was g.skill instead of crucial and a 600w PSU. It was only about 3-5 FPS better most of the time but during some more stressful times in the games it would shoot up to 7-10 some of the time. The 960 also uses quite a bit less power so you don't have to worry as much about increasing the PSU even though I would advise like the others said to up it to 600 or at least a 550 with 80+.

Overall you won't have trouble playing any games really on fairly high settings but you'll have some trouble playing some games on high 1080 at a solid 60FPS. If you're fine with sitting at a solid 35-40FPS on most of today's top games then you're golden.
>>
>>52555
Your case is lowering the performance.
>>
>>52804
Mustard from >>52696 here. Yes, GTX 960 is arguably superior to R9 380. But at $750 price point he can EASILY get a R9 390 which is arguably superior to GTX 970.

>>52752
The difference between half and one terabyte HDD is negligible. The cheapest 7200 rpm 500 GB drive is FIVE DOLLARS cheaper than the 1TB one. If you really want to cut corners you can save $15 by picking i5-4460 instead of i5-4590.

In these times every AAA game takes at least 50 GB of space. Every movie is 1 GB. I guess if your internet is too shitty to download much stuff, yoou could consider dropping both drives in favour of a single 500 GB SSD.
>>
>>52752
Oh and bear in mind that the H81M-E34 motherboard might need a BIOS update in order to handle an i5 proccessor. It's not bound to happen, but it can happen. Other than that it's perfect for the job, it even has a USB 3.0 connecton to the front panel.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.