[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese Rising Sun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6
Hello /wsr/
I want the sun in the background to be more like the Japanese rising sun. (I'll include picture)
I just cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to mask the actual samurai fully. The black\whiteness makes this very hard. Even a tutorial or guide that allows shows me how would be greatly appreciated. I tried channels and levels, and failed miserably
>>
Rising sun
>>
File: k.png (650 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
k.png
650 KB, 500x750
>>51760
When you can't mask due to similar colors, you use the fucking lasso tool. Don't be so lazy. What are you, a nigger?

This one was even easier than that - 3 layers.
The bottom layer was the original image.
The middle layer was the rising sun. I inverted the colors to have the black background, changed the hue back to red with the hue-saturation tool, drew the 2 beams that were incomplete, blurred it 2 pixels because your rising sun image is shit with jagging like no tomorrow, and added grime. Made the resulting layer's mode "lighten only", to preserve some of the moon's detail, though I'm gonna post a version with this layer in normal mode next.
Then the armor was the topmost layer. To select it, I just used the fuzzy select tool on the black border, and then the lasso to deselect what was needed from the armor. 2 minutes of clicking and that was that. I then selected every red color with the color selection tool, and deleted it.

Writing this took me longer than what it takes to do that shit, OP. Get it together.
>>
File: k.png (607 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
k.png
607 KB, 500x750
>>52192
With the rising sun layer on normal mode. Of course, this version only needs 2 layers, because the rising sun covers the bottom one completely.
>>
File: 1421576840119.jpg (1011 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1421576840119.jpg
1011 KB, 2560x1600
Thanks a ton based anon.
Appreciate the criticism and help.

Have a cool looking wallpaper
>>
>>52410
np.

Just, don't depend on only some tools. Try to understand what's there for you to use, and come up with how to use it in the most efficient way. It's not hard.

Thanks for the wallpaper.
>>
File: 1454873459811.png (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1454873459811.png
2 MB, 2000x1333
my shit work
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.