[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone recommend me a PC driving game for a newb? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: mariokart641280-1444090314728.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mariokart641280-1444090314728.jpg
163 KB, 1280x720
Can someone recommend me a PC driving game for a newb? I want to get into racing but my only experience is with Mario Kart. I just want to see if I like the genre enough to consider buying a wheel controller but it seems like there's a million racing games on the market right now.
>>
Just to narrow things down: Are you looking to play something realistic, more on the simulator end? Or one of the arcade-style racers with nitrous and body customization? Or something more cartoonish like mario kart?
>>
>>51332
Oh sorry I didn;t really specify anything. Preferrably not cartoony like MK, although there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe more realistic? I like the idea of sim racing although that's probably a lot easier with a driving wheel. Is it possible to use m+kb on racing games anyway?
>>
>>51328
set up a PS emulator and play crash team racing
>>
Try the Trackmania series, TrackMania Nations Forever is even free for you to see what the series is about
>>
File: 1453816280444.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1453816280444.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>51328
Try Garfield Kart, it's the most realistic and best racing game around.
>>
sonic racing transformed
dirt 3
>>
For something with realistic visuals but unrealistic driving I have 2 games that I love:
>Split/Second: Velocity
You accumulate stock bars that let you activate preestablished enviromental events such as making parked cars explode, make towers fall or even making an airplane land on the road.

>Blur
Classic power-up racing (MK, CTR) with real car models.
>>
Try the grid series, it's a good game that is more realistic than Mario kart and not yet a sim. Sims will be very frustrating if you have only played Mario kart.

If you want to try a sim for free to see if you like them there is project raceway.
>>
>>51900
>Blur
Mah boy
>>
>>51328
Also recommending >>51345
It's pretty much THE entry level competitive race game and also a lot of fun.
>>
>>51328
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
>>
>>51473
more of this please
>>
>>51328
Can't go wrong with Burnout Paradise
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.