[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /wsr/ I just got an iMac, and I'm pretty excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pc.jpg (14 KB, 540x324) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
14 KB, 540x324
Hey /wsr/

I just got an iMac, and I'm pretty excited to have such a relatively cheap, fast, and powerful computer. However, it's become very apparent to me within just a few hours of use that Macs are entirely different from windows. Aside from the small problems, like setting desktop icons, I need help with finding a torrent client. I tried dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/MacOSX and the instructions there absolutely baffled me. If you guys could recommend me an easier install/maybe provide some general rules of thumb about how macs differ from windows, that'd be awesome.
>>
>>51149
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=torrent+mac
>>
>>51165
I always thought uTorrent was like the worst client, or so I was told. Anyway, what VPN do you recommend? Preferably a free one that won't pester me to upgrade.

That and a screen recorder would solve 90% of my problems
>>
>>51171
There's loads of torrent clients just get the one you want. Don't use a VPN so can't help you there (though VPN stuff is built in and in network settings), but QuickTime has a screen recorder.

A nice tip - cmd + space brings up the finder search so just type what you want and press enter, it makes doing anything so much quicker. Also pressin space on any file brings up a preview.
>>
>>51685
Ah yes I just figured out the quicktime recorder, a helpful little tool. I need that shit for omega haha

I only have uTorrent on my mac, I'll have to look into settings. I just don't want any legal action, I've never torrented without a proxy or VPN so I'm nervous.

Yeah macs are so different from what I'm used to. It took me forever to realize that all programs are essentially applications and in their own folder on macs
>>
>>51149
https://www.apple.com/uk/support/bootcamp/getstarted/
>>
>>51833
>>51833
what would adding windows to my system do for my purposes?
>>
>>51149
fucking kill yourself

how can you be this stupid
>>
>>51876
fuck you, that's what this board is for. what's your issue, wake up with your 14 year old hormones in a bunch? fuck off
>>
just installed bittorrent , avoided all crap and just downloading torrent art books and javs
>>
>>51830
Yeah if you right click any application and choose 'show package contents' it will have all the files like it would in windows.

Looking at your OP what did you mean by setting desktop icons?
>>
>>51149
>relatively cheap
compared to what? A gold plated bugatti veyron?
>>
>>52199
Compared to a Zalman or similar.

If you want a SFF PC, it's "quiet", "not an Atom", "actually small", "cheap", pick three.
>>
>>52218
The only reason mac pros are so small is because it is similar to a laptop zip tied to the back of a monitor. They use Intel S series processors that are like regular desktop processors but have a far lower TDP, and that gimps the hell out of the performance.
>>
"If you guys could recommend me an easier install"
Yes, try installing a program called Windows. Should solve 99% of the problems youre having.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.