[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me with my test corrections?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Can someone help me with my test corrections?
>>
>>55563
I don't know how the answer can't be C. Ask some friends and see what they got. Your teacher might have just screwed up.
>>
>>55563
If you use the pictures shown (I can't tell if they are really similar) then
AC:EG = 11/35 (answer C).

If you use the order of the vertices for the correspondence and disregard the pics except for the measurements then the sides AB, BC, AC correspond to the sides EF, FG, EG, so the ratio AC:EG correspond to the scaling factor, which can only be determined by EF and the corresponding side AB. Therefore
AC:EG = AB:EF = 5/35 = 1/7 (answer A).

But I still think that answer C is correct.
>>
>>55603
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the order of the vertices. Although the diagram is really shitty and misleading, the definition of similarity is that corresponding sides are in proportion and corresponding angles are congruent.

Although the diagram seems to imply BC corresponds to EF,
since similarity is defined in the above way, we have to conclude BC actually corresponds to FG (based on the order).

In this case, since we know AC:EG = AB:EF (by the aforementioned definition of similarity),
we find that AB:EF = 5:35 = AC:EG = 1:7.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.