[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been looking around for study guides, and what exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: GED.gif (14 KB, 1093x627) Image search: [Google]
GED.gif
14 KB, 1093x627
I've been looking around for study guides, and what exactly will be on the GED test, but everything I find just seems outdated. After I get my test I was hopping to go into the Navy or Army, but I've always heard they don't take in people who has their GED. I sorta feel like crap for not finishing high school, but everyone around me at the time keep making feel unwanted and never wanted to be succeed, and just turning 22 and have done nothing but worked at a factory job ever since makes me want go out and do more with my life.
>Where can I study, what will be on the test?
>Should I just give up on even attempting to join the armed services?
>Any tips of taking the GED?
>>
>>54315
I have a GED. It was quite easy really. Also, you CAN join the military with a GED as long as:

1. You have 15 college credits (You can get them from a junior college or community college. It should take about a semester or 5 courses.)
2. Your ASVAB score meets the minimum requirements for GED enlistees. The minimum for people with GEDs is quite a bit higher than for HS Diploma holders. I got my GED in 2013 and got my 15 credits last year. I am currently in the DEP for the Navy and should be going to boot camp in a few months. So as long as you're still in your early to mid 20s I would say you should go for it. Unfortunately the GED has changed some since I got it but it should still be easy if you had average grades in HS. Best of luck!
>>
>>54325
Also, if you can, get one of those GED Prep books. You can find them online or at a book shop like Barnes and Noble.

OR in your area see if the local community college or school board offers GED Preparation classes. This is very beneficial if you can work the classes around your job. This is what I did because I was really rusty with algebra.

Don't let little stuff like this hold you back in life. Get after it, you can do it!
>>
>>54327
I also just turned 22 (got GED when I was 19) and worked shitty jobs. Not anymore baby!
>>
>>54315
I was able to join the Air Force with a GED. I believe that the 15 college credit requirement >>54325 mentioned is DoD wide.

A quick google search revealed this:
http://www.gedstudyguide.org/ged-prep-blog/free-printable-study-schedule-and-guide/

Apparently they updated the test and new study material may not be out yet. Your best bet may be to contact the place or agency that administers the test for the current test prep material.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.