[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help w/ finding differences.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ToshibaChromebook.png (48 KB, 390x247) Image search: [Google]
ToshibaChromebook.png
48 KB, 390x247
So I've decided to switch to a Chromebook, found the one I wanted after reading many reviews and am just trying to decide which model I want. The Chromebook in question is the Toshiba Chromebook 2 and when going to Toshiba's website I went to compare the two models. The thing is I have bad eyes and some other issues that make reading difficult and thanks to an annoyingly placed "read (1) reviews" clickable I'm unable to read everything easily and can't figure out what offers more or less. I was wondering if somebody could look over this page ( http://us.toshiba.com/compare?poids=PLM03U-00G001,PLM03U-005001 ) and tell me what the differences are in the two models.

Thanks in advance; really, thank you.
>>
O.P. here,

Found a way to make it easier to read but now I have some tech questions and I'm hoping for answers.

Under "memory and storage" one of them states an optional optical drive. That is basically a glorified disk reader, right?

Under "communication" the more expensive model reads "WIRELESS LAN*
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth" while the inexpensive model reads "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth,Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth" and I have no idea what that means.

Under power I notice they both have different batteries. The expensive one reads "Lithium Polymer (44Wh, 3-Cell)—*Not user replaceable" and the inexpensive one reads "Lithium Polymer (3-cell, 45Whr) battery" and I was hoping somebody could tell me the big differences.

Other than that no glaring differences jump out at me. I'm hoping for help, thanks in advance!
>>
>>53379
Yeah, optical drive will be a CD/DVD drive.

As for the wireless, both have the same wifi card (for connecting to the internet and stuff) and a bluetooth card (for connecting to bluetooth devices).

The batteries sounds pretty similar, I wouldn't worry about it.

The big difference here, which explains the price difference is the CPU: i3-5015U vs Celeron 3215U. I would tend to go for the i3, unless I really couldn't afford it. There's nothing worse than a shit CPU.
>>
>>53389
Ah, thank you. Yeah, I knew i3 was better but I didn't know much else. I'm not a very techy guy myself. Do you have any recommendations on an optical drive for their Chromebook 2? I noticed Toshiba has one on sale ( http://us.toshiba.com/accessories/multimedia/dvd-drives/PA5221U-1DV2 ) but I don't know how to tell if it is Chromebook 2 compatible.
>>
>>54067
And yes, I saw it said it had windows/mac compatibility. I forgot to mention that in my last post.
>>
>>54067
I can't say for sure, but considering that chrome os uses a linux kernel, I would guess that any optical drive would work fine. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with chromebooks could confirm it.
>>
>>54382
I'm not sure why I didn't think of that in the first place. Called the sales people for Toshiba and they confirmed theirs was not chromebook compatible, then said it was, then said it wasn't again and it turned into a big mess but in the end I think it wasn't because they mentioned the option of looking at third party software.

Thanks for the help, everybody. I believe my needs have been met and I've made my purchase. The Toshiba Chromebook 2/mouse and my new SkullCandy earbuds will arrive within the next three days.

Cheers, you all are awesome.
>>
>>53350
>So I've decided to switch to a Chromebook,
You're a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.