[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete techno inept guy here. In the last couple of days, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1454185646031.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2880) Image search: [Google]
1454185646031.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2880
Complete techno inept guy here.
In the last couple of days, I've been having difficulties connecting to certain online games/torrenting. However when I speedtest I get around 100mb. I tried downloading test files and it seems to be working just fine.

It's completely shutting down my life and I need help from /g/ish fags to define my problem, so I can solve it with the company.

Someone I talked to stated it might have to do with ports.
>>
>>51738
install gentoo
>>
>>51738
It would help to have a little more information.

By difficulties do you mean online games are laggy and torrents are too slow?
Is it only certain games and torrents?
Which games/torrents work (if any) and which ones don't?
How old would you say your PC is? Any part of it older than the rest?

Did it start around the same time you did any of the following:
>change internet service providers
>move your home/computer
>add/change computer parts
>move/change your router
>install something to your PC

The problem could just be the torrents and game servers you've chosen to connect to. I'm hesitant to say it's a virus because I've never heard of one that only does what you described without other more obvious symptoms.

Some general tips that are probably obvious:
>Keep at least a few GB of space left on your main hard drive.
>Make sure nothing else is running in the background while you're trying to play or torrent.
>Keep your drivers up to date.
>Make sure you have a good connection between your PC and router. Having a fast internet speed but bad WiFi connection in an online game can lead to a high ping and latency between what you see on screen and what actually happens in the game. This wouldn't really explain the problems with torrents though.
>Connect to game servers that are nearby and have low ping/latency.
>Connect to torrents with many seeders.
>>
>completely shutting down my life
Not just technically inept.

Torrenting while playing games will slow you down.
Megabits are 1/8 of megabytes. When you speedtest, it tells you megabits, but your torrent speed and other things are usually measured in megabytes.
In any case, please provide more information on your problem.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.