[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /wsr/ first time posting here about a problem my pc has.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: zadf.jpg (81 KB, 855x485) Image search: [Google]
zadf.jpg
81 KB, 855x485
hey /wsr/
first time posting here about a problem my pc has.
i bought the pc about almost 3 years ago and i want to buy a new GPU because the one I currently have was a huge disappointment. first of all, games like witcher 3 have pretty low fps something like 20fps but also not so heavy games like hearthstone dont reach 60fps which is pretty weird. I updated the drivers to the most recent drivers.
the second and worse problem is that I cant do automatic updates on the PC (which I formatted and installed a new windows 7 not long ago) after I do the first updates, the PC gets bsod when i boot the windows. I heard its because of a bad compatibility with ATI gpus but im not sure. anyway I want to buy an nvidia GPU cause this one was pretty shitty. Do you have any idea what should i do or buy?

Pic related: its my specs
>>
>>4938
Try doing a clean installation of windows 10 and the new crimson drivers.
>>
>>5909
I installed windows 7. and it seems of all my friends only i have this problem. also i already installed the new crimson drivers
>>
>>6091
10, not 7.
>>
>>4938

Which Windows update are you trying to install?
You should try unselecting some updates and isolate which one is causing the BSOD and do you have a picture of the BSOD?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-970/specifications

If it fits in your case
>>
>>6198
i installed a new windows7 so i wanted to install all the first updates, i think there are about 140 of them. ill try to find a bsod screen that indicates what is the problem
>>
>>6253
If you can narrow it down to a specific update it will make it a lot easier for you to find the solution online.

Install half of the updates, if you don't get a BSOD install half of the rest until you find which one is causing the issue.

Looking online about update issues probably won't give you a specific answer to your problem unless you know which one is causing it.
>>
>>6198
Don't get a 970 for the love of god.
Go AMD or 980ti.
>>
>>6272
No, no, no!

The whole point of the BSOD is that it dumps diagnostic information so you can work out what went wrong.

Learn how to read a BSOD, find out what's actually wrong, and fix it.

You don't fix a car by replacing half the engine, seeing if it's fixed, and if not replacing the other half instead. Apply some actual problem solving.

Simply googling the stop code and the faulting module is usually enough.
>>
>>6299
Oops you're right, didn't read OP couldn't boot back in the OS after installing the updates.
>>
>>6313
I would suggest OP install Windows, install the standalone service pack, update fully, and then (and only then) install ATI's driver package.

Graphics drivers are written by monkeys and get to run in the kernel. They are suspect #1 for unexpected crashes. (Antivirus is #2).
>>
>>6280
Don't you think the 980ti is a bit overkill for 1080p gaming and a bit overpriced for the difference in performance that he will notice between a 970 and a 980ti?
>>
>>6322
Since OP has an integrated GPU he could boot on it and install/uninstall the GPU drivers, do you think that could work instead of reinstalling Windows?
>>
OP here.
I want to buy a nvidia GPU. since the one I have was pretty disappointing. about installing updates. Is it really necessary and even can fix the low fps or I can get by without updating.
>>
>>6329
It's only overkill if you're running 60Hz.
It struggles to get 120 fps on recent games with high settings.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.