[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard drive no longer detected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 20160202_205545.jpg (387 KB, 700x564) Image search: [Google]
20160202_205545.jpg
387 KB, 700x564
Hi /wsr/,

This is a tech-related question.

Before saying anything, I have to admit I'm not the most tech savvy guy so I come here for help.

I recently upgraded my PSU and bought a new case, so I decided to move all the parts to the new case.

In the old case, I had a 500gb SSD as the boot drive with the OS on it, as well as a 1tb WD blue hard drive for storage, and my old 500gb WD blue that has all my music on it.

Before migrating everything to the new case, everything worked perfectly. I moved all the parts, booted up, and everything worked perfectly except the 500gb drive was not detected within Windows.

Upon checking the boot devices on startup, I get this (pic related).

it shows the SSD, the 1tb drive, the 500gb drive, and my dvd writer.

i thought perhaps the labels besides each drive (the two detected drives has A0S0 and A0S1 respectively, while the 500gb drive has a P2 besides it) might be a clue as to whats happening.

what steps do i need to take from here?
>>
>>48003
>Moved all parts to a new case AND new PSU at the same time

oh shit

The first mistake you made is not doing this in the old case first, to stop for BS product-based errors.

Double, and even triple check, that you put the data and power cables for both hard drives in the right locations and plugged them into the right power supply, as working with two at once can cause you to mixup cables, cause apparently there was an uh oh with your HDD bays, cable pairs, order, or a controller was busted during transit.

My advice if you failed at getting anything saved? Buy a SATA to USB device so you can copy the data onto a different drive, or less painfully, try loading a different operating system on a flash drive or CD to make sure its Windows. There are plenty of guides for this, just don't make a guide in /g/ or they will destroy your hard drive with misinformation as punishment for being incapable of googling.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.