[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this paper to deliver and the teacher demands to writ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I have this paper to deliver and the teacher demands to write about the main memory manegment algorithms and their attributes. I'm searching around the web and I find some algorithms but I'm not if they are the main ones.

So far these are the links that caught my eye, but they kind look different. Or maybe I'm retard.

http://heaven.eee.metu.edu.tr/~halici/courses/442/Ch3%20Memory%20Management.pdf

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/operating_system/os_memory_management.htm

Any help? I just need someone to point out the most used memory management algorithms and I'll do the rest.
>>
>>47132
>the main memory manegment algorithms and their attributes. I'm searching around the web and I find some algorithms but I'm not if they are the main ones.

That's way too vague.

Are we talking about the ways the standard library malloc()s*?
The ways the kernel itself allocates objects?
The ways the kernel tracks pages?

* As long as processes don't violate segmentation, they're free to manage their memory however the fuck they like. A standard stack and heap is convention, and most CISC processors accelerate stack/heap operations using a conventional layout, but the OS does not actually enforce this in any way.
>>
>>47159
>the main memory manegment algorithms and their attributes.

That's exactly what the teacher wants. Word by word, if it is vague that explains why I'm having a very tough time to address that part of my paper.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.