[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey. I'm very new to coding, and I've got a project.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: python_logo.jpg (46 KB, 680x459) Image search: [Google]
python_logo.jpg
46 KB, 680x459
Hey.

I'm very new to coding, and I've got a project. I want to release an app for android, a friend of mine already recommended me to do it in python.

He is not very communicative over internet/phone etc. So I'm requesting some kind program to write python code in, and it'll tell if my code is wrong or has flaws.
>>
>>47018
idk try wing ide?
>>
File: istock_000018084759_large[1].jpg (2 MB, 2757x3942) Image search: [Google]
istock_000018084759_large[1].jpg
2 MB, 2757x3942
>>47018
>a friend of mine already recommended me to do it in python
That wasn't very clever of him, given that Android apps run on a modified Java named "Dalvik".

It's possible to write stuff in development environments that aren't Android Studio, but (especially for the beginner), it's not necessarily a brilliant move.
>>
>>47031
Well, I didn't say I was going to make it an android app. I just said I wanted to make a program. I googled if python was able to produce an android app.

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-use-Python-for-Android-development

It's a real simple app, it basically is a calculator for molecule mass. Meaning you fill in a molecular formula (letters and numbers) each letter means a variable and a number after it means a multiplication by that number.

I've already learned enough to start working on the database.

So my friend wasn't really wrong, I just gave him half the story. Later I realized it was only really usefull as an application for mobile phones.

Should I give it a try with python? I can also just stick to a computer-only programming life, and later redo it for android.
>>
>>47032
>Well, I didn't say I was going to make it an android app.
Erm, yeah you did. That's literally what you said:
>>47018
>I've got a project. I want to release an app for android

>It's a real simple app, it basically is a calculator for molecule mass. Meaning you fill in a molecular formula (letters and numbers) each letter means a variable and a number after it means a multiplication by that number.
If it's that simple, you'd probably be best with HTML5. That way you bypass any app-store issues, and the same build will run on any platform that has a browser: Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, ChromeOS.
>>
>>47042
I meant that I didn't say it to him, because at the time I asked him I wasn't really thinking of making it an app. But in hindsight it'd be a good app.
>>
>>47031
You can always do your shit with python and kivy and go full multiplat.
>>
You are talking about IDE, one that I use for python that does what you described is "pycharm"
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.