[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /wsr/, first time poster here for forgive me if I muppet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1292509810547.jpg (20 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1292509810547.jpg
20 KB, 493x387
Hello /wsr/, first time poster here for forgive me if I muppet my request.

>turn on computer
>go to listen to music and browse chan as i usually do
>audio suddenly sounds staticky and choppy
>wasn't doing this lastnight
>try 2 other sets of speakers after the original ones
>all giving this choppy/static problem
>does it with windows media player, VLC and youtube
>i've figured out that it's not a speaker problem
>open dxdiag
>"sound 1" and "sound 2" say "no problems found"
>i'm wondering if i need to update the codecs or drivers for my sound card or something...

I don't know how to fix it, can someone give me some suggestions please? I'm guessing it's the sound card but how can I be 100% sure before ripping my computer apart. I used to be into computers heavily like 8-10 years ago but not so much anymore, have normalfag activities now...

Btw this is windows vista...
>>
Are your cables crossing anything unshielded or any other cables? That could be causing interference. do you have a DAC or internal sound card? Or are you plugging your speakers into your motherboard?
>>
Seat your soundcard better if you're using one.

Try plugging your cables into different slots.
>>
>>46674
>Are your cables crossing anything unshielded or any other cables? That could be causing interference.
The cables behind the computer are a spaghetti pile. But it hasn't really been an issue till I moved my computer desk half a foot to the left (after I moved it, i used the comp later that night then found this problem)

>do you have a DAC or internal sound card? Or are you plugging your speakers into your motherboard?

I'm plugging them into the motherboard I guess.

>>46676
>Seat your soundcard better if you're using one.
>Try plugging your cables into different slots.

I've only got one speaker input
>>
>>46704
It might be cables, do you have 3.5mm audio connectors on the front of your PC? can you try plugging your speakers in there?
>>
>>46705
Just tried it in the front 3.5mm headphone jack, didn't work. I am guessing it's not connected in the box.

Is there some diagnostic software I can run? Like hijackthis but for hardware issues instead of malicious registry entries?
>>
>>46708
Yeah your front ports might not be hooked up.
Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure this is hardware related, so I don't think that there's anything wrong with your machine software-wise, I think it's the sea of cables that your speaker cables are running through, try to clear a path or something or just generally move cables around while listening to things to see if that'll fix it.
>>
>>46713
Just cleaned up my cables and it didn't fix it. It might also be worth mentioning that when music is playing, if I move the mouse it will lag the audio, and if I scroll down while browsing websites it lags the audio even worse. Most likely a motherboard issue maybe? But how to fix?
>>
>>46727
boot linux from flash drive and test audio

but most likely you'll end up needing to buy something, you can get a usb sound card for 2$ off amazon
>>
>>46738
>boot linux from flash drive and test audio

That's a good idea. I've got VMware installed, and a few different OS' on it. I'm wondering if it will work, or will I need to install drivers/codecs on each virtual OS. I don't think I've tried to use sound through my vmware before...
>>
>>46742
I'm pretty sure VMware will still pass through your current OS's audio.
>>
you picked up a bunch of trojan/viruses and its putting a load on your system.
>>
>>46765
>you picked up a bunch of trojan/viruses and its putting a load on your system.
I haven't downloaded anything in quite a while so I don't know how this is possible. Unless you're trying to be funny.
>>
Here's a hijackthis log if it means anything

http://pastebin.com/gS3YzuhB
>>
Bump please
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.