[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got into anime after a friend had me marathon Fullmetal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
File: 1454466785546[1].jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454466785546[1].jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
I just got into anime after a friend had me marathon Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood with him.

I started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya two days ago and got all the way through it yesterday. (Yes, I watched the movie. Yes, I watched every episode of Endless Eight in one sitting. No, I do not know what's wrong with me.)

Just now, I finished The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.

Please tell me there is more anime out there that will make me feel these feels.
>>
There's tons.
>>
>>48211
I still haven't watched Haruhi because of how cancerous it was back in it's day.

Try the Fate series, Monogatari series or Hyouka
>>
>>48211
Evangelion + End of Eva

Tatami Galaxy

Planetes
>>
I haven't watched any anime in ages but judging by what you like I'd recommend Clannad and Steins;Gate
>>
>feels
Brigadoon: Marin & Melan has a lot of them and it's my favorite anime.

Also try out Sora no Woto. It has an excellent post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting, and it's also slice-of-life so it'll give you a good idea if you like the SoL genre without having to commit to a 100% cute-girls-doing-cute-things anime because there is a decent amount of serious stuff in it too.
>>
>>48211
Love Live! School Idol Project
>>
>>48211
usagi drop
anohana
>>
>>48265
This, try out the first 3 episodes, Love Live may not look like your kind of thing but you might be pleasantly surprised like I was. It's totally worth trying out.
>>
File: 1454165999718.png (402 KB, 598x1021) Image search: [Google]
1454165999718.png
402 KB, 598x1021
Saw your thread on /a/

its the most hostile community except for maybe /mu/ you got off pretty lucky, they were quite nice to a newfag like you

to answer your question:
Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Kill la Kill
Fate/Zero
Toradora
Tatami Galaxy
Evangelion
Studio Ghibli collection

Have fun man, these beginning shows (Brotherhood was a great place to start) are going to be a Renaissance of entertainment for you.
>>
File: 1446083059788.jpg (12 KB, 201x262) Image search: [Google]
1446083059788.jpg
12 KB, 201x262
>>48325
>he hasn't been to /ic/
>>
>>48329
oh shit, its been so long id forgotten. yea /ic/...fuck that
>>
>>48265
>>48295
The hell is this new "Love Live is good" meme?

OP, Mawaru Penguindrum
>>
>>48211
>Ctrl-F
>No Aria

Aria The Animation
>>
>>48360
But Love Live is good. How else could it be so popular and sell the most BDs?
>>
>>48211
I got into anime by watching Haruhi too, though that was almost 10 years ago. Try Clannad maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 1507x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 1507x850
>>48295
>>48265
No, no, no, no, no.

Don't fall for this.

This guy posts this in every thread.

He wants to make it the new Cory in the House.

If you want idols, watch AKB0048.

It's like your normal idol show, except instead of being directed by nobody you ever heard of, it's directed by Shouji Kawamori. (He invented a few things you might have heard of, like Macross, Aquarion and Optimus Prime).

And instead of being in highschool it's in space.

And instead of winning the idol contest they're liberating planets from oppressive regimes using the power of idol singing.

They have a dropship that transforms into a stage.

And their mics are lightsabres.

Micsabres.
>>
>>48211
Clannad + After Story

~40 episodes of buildup before the feels hit and it's all worth it, enjoy.
>>
>>48211
Anon, I'm just getting into anime too. I've only watched Madoka Magica, steins;gate and Evangelion, and reccomend all three. Eva is a MUST ABSOLUTELY watch, you need to stop whatever you're doing and watch it. Madoka Magica is pretty demigod-tier; Steins;Gate was honestly pretty enjoyable, the humor was spot on and the ending was pretty genious; it was a very good watch after all, the mad scientist guy is well written (unlike some other characters in the show).
>>
File: 1438228639861.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
1438228639861.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>>48654
Sounds like a not-shitty Symphogear, will check out.
>>
>>48211
I've got a few recommendations

>Trigun
>Cowboy Bebop
>Gurren Lagann
>FLCL
>Baccano!
>Nichijou
>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
>Space Dandy
>Onepunch Man
>Soul Eater
>Mushishi
>Little Witch Academia 1 & 2

A lot of people outright hate this one, but go into it without a shred of seriousness at all. Watch it after you've gone through quite a few series. The ending is a great payoff.
>Ninja Slayer
>>
>>48905
Man, if you think Symphogear was shitty I really doubt you will enjoy AKB0048. I liked both, but Symphogear was easily the better of the two. Kawamori is kind of a nutcase.
>>
>>48654
Besides, if you really want idols, you want Aikatsu. That is the greatest idol show, and I 100% mean it. I honestly feel it is underrated by English speaking anime fans.
>>
>>48905
>>49193
This. Symphogear is way better than AKB. AKB's plot was everywhere.
>>
>>49196
Aikatsu is god tier. I thought its format would make it shit but it defied and exceeded all expectations.
>>
File: aq5gDER_460s_v1.jpg (610 KB, 460x3252) Image search: [Google]
aq5gDER_460s_v1.jpg
610 KB, 460x3252
I know it's from 9shit, but it's pretty accurate and gives you a general idea. There are some God tiers series there, so check it.

Before jumping to the god tier series, watch gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun. It's one of the funniest shits I have watched in the last years. Easy to follow and zero bullshit, just fun.
>>
>>49210
Shinsekai yori should have had soylent green for the "what I got" pic.
>>
File: samurai_flamenco_in_a_nutshell.jpg (1 MB, 3780x400) Image search: [Google]
samurai_flamenco_in_a_nutshell.jpg
1 MB, 3780x400
>>49210
Inferior SamFlam WEG
>>
File: rec_chart_lite.jpg (4 MB, 900x9665) Image search: [Google]
rec_chart_lite.jpg
4 MB, 900x9665
>>49210
It's not from 9shit. It's made by me and anyone lurking here long enough would have recognized that 70% of those WEGs are recreated based on popular /a/ WEGs.

If you want a "general idea" chart, here's something better.

>>49568
I know, but I had to fit it into a single square.
>>
File: weg.jpg (6 MB, 1400x10000) Image search: [Google]
weg.jpg
6 MB, 1400x10000
>>49210
Also, here's a slightly corrected version of that WEG chart. Mostly it's fonts, these italics are barely readable on lower resolutions. I also added a (literally) clause to AoT because normies at Imgur and 9gag couldn't get the joke. Not sure if that even helps.
>>
>>49666
>planetes
>comfy, funny, heartwarming
Hehehe
>>
>>49674
That's kinda how I felt about it. Not exactly those terms, but definitely in that category.
>>
>>49678
Even when the second half went full on drama with terrorism, attempted killing, and moon suffocation
>>
>>49679
I saved the proper "Drama" category for tearjerkers.
>>
>>48325
with a reason, recommendations go here
>>
File: AB.jpg (42 KB, 225x324) Image search: [Google]
AB.jpg
42 KB, 225x324
>>48211
I have only dompleted the first season of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but I can say Haruhi is similar to a main character of Angel Beats. You could give it a try (it's only 13 eps long), it has some fun and some feels.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.