[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a game that will have the similar weirdness,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: angel's egg.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
angel's egg.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm looking for a game that will have the similar weirdness, surreal narrative and visuals as all the wack-shit, mind-screwy anime I like: Evangelion, Lain, Serial Experiments Lain or Angel's Egg.

So what are some games that would fit this description. I heard that some of the Drakengard fit this description but I also heard that some of them have terrible game and even though I'm specifying what I'm looking for in terms of narrative and aesthetic in this thread, I don't want these to come at the expense of the aspect that defines this whole medium.
>>
Perfect Blue
actually, just watch all of Kon's filmography
>>
File: 1276994333805.jpg (2 MB, 2300x3800) Image search: [Google]
1276994333805.jpg
2 MB, 2300x3800
>>48194
I haven't watched all of these, but they fit the description enougn
>>
>>48221
Enough*
>>
Lots of independent short films, start with Yamamura as your gateway director and work from there.
>>
>>48216
>>48221
>>48223
>>48228
Anons, could you please read the first sentence of my post?

Besides that i have seen all of Kon's films, series and his short from Ani Kuri. Also, I've seen probably about 80% of the titles on that chart.
>>
Alice: madness returns? I don't know many surreal games, but this one had some real mind-fuckery. Funnish game but can get a bit simple at times. Short too
>>
Most suda51 games are pretty weird, or have obtuse storytelling elements. He's does a lot of style over substance though.

Also if you don't want to play drakenguard you could always play nier, it's a budget title, that has mixed opinions, but I really enjoyed it, and it's similar to drakengaurd in a few ways.

Lastly Shadow of the Colossus and Journey are similar to angel's egg as both have rather unknown elements, and deal with growing in some way.

Also don't get snippy with people, no one is getting paid to answer your questions.
>>
>>48194
Silent Hill series.
2 is probably the best for what you're after.
>>
>>48256
>Also don't get snippy with people, no one is getting paid to answer your questions.
You're right. It's just that I wanted to point out that I wasn't asking for anime at all, but didn't exactly do it to subtely.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't say I don't want to play Drakenguard. I just heard it has pretty bad gameplay and the title does have its years. Also, without spoilers would you mind telling a bit about how it's supposed to be surreal?
>>
>>48245
You'd love Killer7. Also, haven't played it but Eternal Darkness seems to have game systems that fuck with you. Hope you have a gamecube.
>>
>>48261
I can't, It's a fairly fucked up universe, and most of the "surreal" parts are twists. The game will largely feel like a semi-standard fantasy universe where everyone just happens to be insane for a while.
>>
File: 1447372524139.jpg (1016 KB, 1017x1508) Image search: [Google]
1447372524139.jpg
1016 KB, 1017x1508
E.Y.E.
>>
File: 1420527330123.png (169 KB, 290x365) Image search: [Google]
1420527330123.png
169 KB, 290x365
>>48194
>mfw literally no one suggest the Gungrave game for ps2.
>>
>>48356
This, omikron: the nomad soul, lsd dream emulator and planescape torment are good. Myst and a couple other games are also good
>>
File: eyes.gif (24 KB, 391x266) Image search: [Google]
eyes.gif
24 KB, 391x266
>>48420
Yume Nikki is really off-putting and surreal. I would argue for a lot of RPG Maker games, such as Gingiva or OFF. Also, highly recommend Eversion. Midnight Station is pretty crazy too.
Earthbound is also a good game, although it's more comedic.
Hoped this helped OP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.