[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My computer keeps crashing, is 500W not enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: specs.png (95 KB, 708x574) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
95 KB, 708x574
sppppecsss
>>
>>46115
Fucked if we know, what do your event logs and/or minidumps say about it?
>>
the only thing critical on my event log was that Kernel Power (event id 41, task category 63)
>>
>>46137
Interesting. Thats a power and temp related code. Do you overclock?

First thing would be to disable automatic restarts so you can catch the bluescreen codes before the thing reboots. Right click on computer, open properties, then advanced system settings (left pane) > advanced tab > settings (under start up and recovery) and uncheck automatically restart. Run a few passes of memtest86+ to make sure your RAM is solid. I'd also be installing open hardware monitor to keep an eye on temps and voltages, look for either spiking temps or sagging voltages, I believe that program logs minimum and maximum values so you can check after a reboot. Report findings.
>>
No I don't over clock and thanks for the in depth reply. I'm pretty sure my RAM I'll check but so far it's been good. As for spiking volts and sagging temps I'm just going to use speccy if thats ok. So far there is nothing significant temperature wise. I forgot to mention that I recently installed the gpu and cpu yesterday and it has been working fine since today.... Is it possible that this is a one time thing that will go away over time? Like habituating or something?
>>
>>46149
> I'm just going to use speccy if thats ok
If it logs parameters in such a way that they are available for review after a crash, I'll allow this.

>I forgot to mention that I recently installed the gpu and cpu.
This is important information to mention. New kit either throws down an early life failure within days or lasts for years. You may have a poor solder joint on the card that flexes open and crashes the system under thermal expansion, or a buggy CPU. Once you have established your volts, temps, and rams are solid, swap your old GPU back in, see if the problem goes, if not, throw in the new card and fall back to your old CPU (please don't tell me there's also a new mainboard in the mix as well). This should reveal if one of the new parts is dodgy and needs it's shit RMA'd.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.