[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recommendations for manga similar to Oyasumi Punpun? I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: clackclackclackclack.png (128 KB, 525x294) Image search: [Google]
clackclackclackclack.png
128 KB, 525x294
Any recommendations for manga similar to Oyasumi Punpun?

I didn't necessarily like reading it for the misanthropy/depressing stuff (not that I didn't enjoy it), but more so for the fact that it was really well drawn, read more like a novel, and doesn't really share many traits with the typical run of the mill manga (like, harem stuff or preparing for the school cultural festival or whatever).
Just thought I'd say all that, so I wouldn't just get recommended dark/edgy stuff, though I'm not opposed to it if you think it's good.
Thanks.
>>
Anything else by the same author. Solanin and What a Wonderful World! are my favourites besides Punpun. They're not really dark, although some of his other works are very edgy. Didn't really like those all too much but I can vouch for these two. Also Dededede is good (his currently publishing series) if not a bit more manga-y than what you're asking for.

Thematically similar to Punpun is Strongest Man Kurosawa, which I recommend to everyone because it's fucking great.
>>
File: 1447652856255.png (4 KB, 160x156) Image search: [Google]
1447652856255.png
4 KB, 160x156
>>45780
One of my favorite coming-of-age manga is Onani Master Kurosawa. I don't exactly say it's the same as Punpun but it has some common things.

I've yet to find manga that is as amazing as Punpun.
>>
I am a Hero is pretty good in that it doesn't read like other manga. It starts off a little slow and kinda incomprehensibly, but gets better within the first few chapters. It is nowhere near as obtuse as the first couple of pages make it seem.

GE: Good Ending is great if you like something with some real emotion and good character development. It is very much a drama manga, though, and there are a few scenes that are a little over the top.

There's also Aku no Hana, which shares some of that dysphoric sense with Punpun. However, it didn't strike as many chords with me as Punpun did.

I'll also second Onani Master Kurosawa (there's also a small sequel novel that was translated and is floating around) and Asano Inio's other work; What a Wonderful World! can be very cute at times and Solanin has a pretty decent "vibe" to it as well.

If you're only looking for manga that deviates from the norm, there's also:
Nickelodeon
Sakamoto desu ga?
Kiseijuu
Liar Game
Gangsta
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.