[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am wanting to recycle a bunch of my old, useless electronics.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: e-waste_disposal.jpg (75 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
e-waste_disposal.jpg
75 KB, 500x585
I am wanting to recycle a bunch of my old, useless electronics. what's the best way to do this? Do you guys have any go to place for recycling? Is best buy trustworthy with recyclables? Best buy would be my easiest bet, because it's right around the corner. I just want to give my electronics off to a company that will do good things with them.
>>
Bump. Normally I would post this sort of thing on /g/, but the mods have become far more autistic to everything since /wsr/ became a thing.
>>
>>44925
Okay, what you do is this:

1: sort your stuff into "useful" and "useless" piles. Old PCs, in general, are not useful anymore, because landfill-Androids are more powerful and useful than they are. In general, if it can't run Windows 10, it's scrap.

2: Look for a local computer recycling charity, and drop your useful computers off there. White goods, handhelds, DVD players, etc. can go to any charity shop.

3: everything in the "useless" pile can be taken to anywhere, and the same thing will happen to it: it will get shipped to India, where it will be separated into glass, metals, plastics and fiberglass, and it will be made into cars, roads and solid oil.

Solid oil is not fantastic for the environment: it's just a euphemism for "grinding up plastic and pouring it into a power station", but it's better than landfill because a) the plastics are not sitting there polluting the environment, and b) every kg of plastic burned is a kg of coal that doesn't have to be.
>>
>>44925
If you can be fucked doing it, the best way to recycle electronics is to test every item, work out exactly what it is, photograph it well, and sell it on something like eBay or gumtree.

You make a bit of money (probably not minimum wage), and all the kit ends up somewhere it will be used.
>>
>>45330
Alright, well I guess Best Buy is the solution. They seem legit from looking at their website.

>>45333
I have a good mix between parts that are still useful and parts dating all the way back to the 90s that are scrap, so I will sort through all of it and see what is worth selling and what is worth recycling.
>>
>>45343
Well, best buy for things like dead laptop batteries, goodwill/salvation army for a few old pcs I have lying around.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.