[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting intensive anime with cliffhangers. Or at least something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 4432432534.png (566 KB, 695x699) Image search: [Google]
4432432534.png
566 KB, 695x699
Requesting intensive anime with cliffhangers. Or at least something that makes me keep watching. I want something I'd see on TV like Breaking Bad and shit. Doesn't have to be all action-packed. Dramas are fine too. I don't really like shonen shows. Give me your best recommendations!
>>
You'd like a show called Parasyte.
>>
File: rasetsu.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rasetsu.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
Since you say you don't like shonen, I'm compelled to recommend you Hunter x Hunter 2011. Despite being categorized as shonen it will defy all of your expectations for shonen anime, with a tightly written plot that's always moving forward, a consistent goal that is eventually reached and not merely a MacGuffin, and absolutely no filler. It is a fair length but it will without a doubt keep you watching if you give it a chance.

Don't let the cheerful-looking protagonist fool you, either. The show becomes quite dark, emotional, and violent. You'll see hints of this early on, but the first few episodes are somewhat misleading about what's to come. I think it would fit your request quite well so I really hope you give it a fair shake.

You can watch it all on this site if you're hesitant to download it:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/hunter-x-hunter/episode-1-departure-x-and-x-friends-584886
>>
Kaiji
>>
>>35142
Fate/Zero
Madoka(wait till cap 3)
LOTGH
>>
Shingeki no Kyojin
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 275x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 275x336
>>35148
>it will defy all of your expectations for shonen anime, with a tightly written plot that's always moving forward, a consistent goal that is eventually reached and not merely a MacGuffin, and absolutely no filler.

http://www.animemaru.com/researchers-time-in-hunter-x-hunter-will-stop-completely-by-episode-150/
>>
>>35856
I hope you realize that's just a joke article and not meant to be taken seriously. Hunter x Hunter doesn't even have 150 episodes, because it resolves the fight in a timely manner.

Seriously, the biggest battle in the entire series takes a single episode. Compare that to literally any other shonen.
>>
>>35887
It's satire, y'dumb schmuck.

Satire isn't just random words mushed together, it's a hyperbolic treatment of a real issue that actually exists.

What you're saying is like responding to Attack on Trump by saying that Attack on Trump "wasn't intended to be taken seriously", and anyway Mexicans aren't fifty-foot high.

HxH has real pacing issues. The narration ruins key moments ("I wonder what Hisoka's plan is with the spid- HE'S PLANNING TO BETRAY THEM"), pads out for no reason ("PITOU DOES SOMETHING YOU JUST SAW HIR DO TWO SECONDS AGO"), and generally shits-up any opportunity the series had to show-not-tell.

You might argue that the narration was necessary because the CA story had so much going on at once. I'd argue that it needed more daring direction: the comic cuts about all over the place because it was currently being written, but the TV series wasn't. A non-linear narrative following a few characters at a time would mean that you wouldn't need the narrator to remind you all the time, there'd be no need for constant, Mythbustersesque recaps, and that Gon/Pitou and Netero/Meruem could have happened in the same episode, so the viewer spends most of the arc knowing that *something* has happened but wondering exactly what, then it climaxes with an episode of HOLY SHIT proportions.

Also they could have juxtaposed "at least he's here with me" with Netero showing off his package.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.