[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello,/wsr/ Please recommend me *five* things for each medium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: phil.png (415 KB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
phil.png
415 KB, 2800x2100
Hello,/wsr/

Please recommend me *five* things for each medium based on my preferences. It doesn't have to be related to all of the preferences. Anyone else join in and also get five recs.

>Video games
FPS (similar to Half Life and nothing like CoD)
JRPG (preferably portable, combat-centric, good customization and not an insane amount of grinding)
Platformer (Anything except Mario. Almost played all of those)

>Anime
Favorites:
Lain
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I like a lot of Studio Ghibli, Satoshi Kon and don't care for Madoka. Some slice of life anime would be nice.

>Music
Pat Metheny
The Field
Aphex Twin
John Mclaughlin
Classical musicians would be appreciated too
>>
Alright it doesn't have to be five, but more than one
>>
File: 52496953_p0.png (323 KB, 619x583) Image search: [Google]
52496953_p0.png
323 KB, 619x583
>>34778
Video games
Radiant Historia
Klonoa klonoa 2 is even better but I think its best to play in release order

>Anime
Dennou Coil
Haibane Renmei
Shinsekai yori
Usagi Drop and nichijou for sol

>Music
I cant into music sorry
>>
>videogames
Sorry, not into that.

>anime
tatami galaxy
ping pong the animation
shigurui
crest/banner of stars
mushishi
Princess tutu (seriously, don't be fooled by how it looks, its a true masterpiece.)

>music
dmitri shostakovich
jean sibelius, symphonic poems
jaco pastorius, heavy and jazz album.
john mclaughlin and carlos santana, a live supreme (booklet)
John Adams, the chairman dances
flora purim, open your eyes you can fly
Airto moreira's Fourth World, live at ronnie scotts
Al di Meola, Scenario
Cocteau Twins
Irakere, live in sweden
>>
>>34908
>>34924
Really appreciate it so far. Looking forward to these.

I'd also like some movie recommendations for movies. Here are some of my favorite directors
>Sam Peckinpah
>Tsai Ming-Liang
>Elia Kazan
>Takashi Miike
>Antonioni
>Godard
>Pasolini
>>
If you're hankering for a good fps you can't go wrong with the first FEAR game. If you're in the mood for something a little more mindless, try out doom (and its many mods), the new wolfenstein game, or one of my favorites, bulletstorm. If you're looking for something open worldish, try out dying light. It's the best zombie fps that we're ever going to get. Platformer-wise I'd recommend braid, its also a bit of a puzzle game.
>>
>>35046
Oh finally some shooters. Thanks, anon.

Is there anything wrong with the other FEAR games?
>>
>>35215
Technically no, but but they aren't anywhere near as good as the first one with its god teir enemy ai and satisfying gun feel.
>>
>>34778
>Lain
Watch Texhnolyze. It was made by the same people.
Not nearly enough people have seen it.
>>
>>35238
I have that show on hold. It's good and very different but a bit too reliant on plot. I'm not sure what the heavy themes are (maybe it is 'too deep for me'), but they say you have to give it about ten episodes for the show to get really started.
>>
File: sorakiseki.jpg (29 KB, 375x302) Image search: [Google]
sorakiseki.jpg
29 KB, 375x302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10Oxcxdu4s
>>
>>35333
How is Trails of Cold Steel? I have a Vita and was thinking about getting it the other day
>>
>>35342
Not that poster, but if you like one, you'll like the other, as long as you're up for a school setting. Which many people in Japan are considering how popular it is there.
>>
>>35003
Bumping for some film recs. More of anything wouldn't hurt either
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.