[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello anons, asked /g/ about this earlier and was kicked out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
hello anons, asked /g/ about this earlier and was kicked out because /g/ is only for shills shilling shills anymore...

trying to run a dictionary attack against a nas on my network @ 1.11, trendnet tn 200, only issue is i am too inexperienced to
get the tools to see the target. target is a web form so using medusa's web-form module with options -m FORM:/cgi-bin/login_mgr.cgi and -m FORM-DATA:

Only issues is that it will not take my data format... when peaking with wireshark or browser console the form data comes back with this:
[code]
cmd=login&username=admin&pwd=WVdSdGFXND0%3D&ssl=0&port=0
[/code]

admin is the username that i will be using since it's default for the device
that password there is just whatever is already in that box, 12345 or something like that.

when i use this as my -m FORM-DATA:"cmd=login&username=admin&pwd=WVdSdGFXND0%3D&ssl=0&port=0"
medusa says:
[code]
Invalid FORM-DATA format. Using default format: "post?usersname=&password="
[/code]

Might some kinda hacker anons help me understand what i am doing wrong?

thanks!
>>
i am op and i will post here as i learn

from medusa site for using module "web-form"...

FORM-DATA:<METHOD>?<FIELDS>
Methods and fields to send to web service. Valid methods are GET and POST. The actual form
data to be submitted should also be defined here. Specifically, the fields: username and
password. The username field must be the first, followed by the password field.
Default: "post?username=&password="

Usage example: "-M web-form -m USER-AGENT:"g3rg3 gerg" -m FORM:"webmail/index.php" -m DENY-SIGNAL:"deny!"
-m FORM-DATA:"post?user=&pass=&submit=True"

so i'll try using:
-m FORM-DATA:"post?cmd=login&username=admin&pwd=&ssl=0&port=0"
wondering if i should put $password or something like that in there, if there is an option for that, so it knows where to be trying the passwords
>>
>>34785
using the format mentions yielded this: I am getting closer, on the right track...

cmd=loginadmin&username=admin12345&pwd=&ssl=0&port=0

this tells me that... i should try to leave off cmd=login, because admin is getting thrown there... then i need to remove "admin" from the format as medusa is obviously appending that... if i were to just remove cmd=login it would show username adminadmin next time i run the command.
>>
okay so this is a legit attempt and fail using the browser and the gui... playing by the rules... captured by wireshark obvi...

POST /cgi-bin/login_mgr.cgi HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.11
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 56
Accept: */*
Origin: http://192.168.1.11
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.80 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Referer: http://192.168.1.11/web/home.html
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8

cmd=login&username=admin&pwd=WVdSdGFXND0%3D&ssl=0&port=0HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Language: en
P3P: CP='CURa ADMa DEVa PSAo PSDo OUR BUS UNI PUR INT DEM STA PRE COM NAV OTC NOI DSP COR'
Content-type: text/html
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 05:30:42 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.28

{ret:"fail", flag:0}

-----------------
So we see it's a POST, we see the target, the host... we see the form-data cmd=login&username=admin&pwd=WVdSdGFXND0%3D&ssl=0&port=0

The server's reply begins at HTTP/1.1 200 OK
ret:"fail" should be used to let medusa know that when you see this is means try the next password... BUT, next i have to get medusa to give the form-data as requested with the cmd=login, i do believe.
>>
>>34808
yes as expected when i tried again with medusa it put the username after the first = and the password after the second =... i have to get it to stop doing this...

POST /cgi-bin/login_mgr.cgi HTTP/1.0
Host: 192.168.1.11:80
User-Agent: I'm not Mozilla, I'm Ming Mong
Connection: close
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 48

cmd=loginadmin&username=123456&pwd=&ssl=0&port=0

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Language: en
P3P: CP='CURa ADMa DEVa PSAo PSDo OUR BUS UNI PUR INT DEM STA PRE COM NAV OTC NOI DSP COR'
Content-Length: 0
Connection: close
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 05:38:28 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.4.28

--------------------------
See?
cmd=loginadmin <---- this should only say cmd=login
then &username=admin&pwd=12345 (this is the first password listed in the dictionary).

once i get that straightened out i can add the rules that let medusa know to continue
>>
>>34817
if i leave everything out of the form-data except for the username and password (maybe cmd=login, ssl=0, port=0, will just default)
the server says it gets the PORT but doesn't reply ... like it didn't understand. I think I just have to have that cmd=login at the beginning...
>>
>>34824
tried putting the form-data out of order, but including everything, that way username and password would be in their right places AND all of the data would be there but I got a HTTP 500, didn't like that. Next I tried using $username and $password to get the shit in the right places but medusa doesn't understand these...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.