[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
-2(x-5)^3+3 http://www.projectsharetexas.org/no de/3005 hey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
-2(x-5)^3+3
http://www.projectsharetexas.org/node/3005
hey b, If I were to transform this function.
-2(x-5)^3+3
what order would I do it, would I do the parameter a, h or k?
Also does order matter when transforming a function?

Please help me
>>
y=a(x-h)2+k
this is the base
>>
>y = a(x-h)^2+k
You start with the function y = x^2.

y = (x-h)^2 shifts the graph h units to the right (if h > 0) or to the left (if h < 0, that is, in this case you add a positive number to x).

y = a(x-h)^2

Here you stretch the previous graph in direction of the y-axis by a factor of a. If a = 2 all function values are twice as big, if a = 0.1 then the function values are divided by 10, and so on. If a < 0 then you also reflect it on the x-axis.

y = a(x-h)^2 + k

Here you translate the previous graph k units in direction of the y-axis if k > 0.

>y = -2(x-5)^3+3
here you have a cubic function, but the same principles apply.

You have the graph of the function y = x^3 moved to the right by 5 units, stretched by a factor of 2, reflected on the x-axis and moved up by 3 units.
>>
>>43380
Take note that the text in that page uses y=a(x-h)^2+k but the interactive example y=a(x+h)^2+k
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.