[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting sum cyberpunk recommendations charts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 184701218905.jpg (554 KB, 988x1318) Image search: [Google]
184701218905.jpg
554 KB, 988x1318
Requesting sum cyberpunk recommendations charts.
>>
I'm not into making charts but you should just read the important writers.

Gibson is the obvious starting place, Neuromancer is still great and has always been the starting place for a reason. His other stuff is good too.

If you can get ahold of the anthology "Mirrorshades" that's another good starting place and can introduce you to a lot of the decent authors.

Bruce Sterling himself is another important next step.

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson is parodying the whole thing somewhat, but is still important and pretty good. And Philip K. Dick predates the whole thing but there's a reason the shit movies based on his books and stories often look so cyberpunk.

Of course, most of the authors have moved on to other things at this point, but a few others to add after Sterling from the original movement are Pat Cadigan, Lewis Shiner, Rudy Rucker, and John Shirley.

It was much more interesting as a literary movement than any of the other areas of culture that followed after, although there were a few good movies and Shadowrun can be a fun roleplaying game.
>>
File: 1418931690860-0.jpg (1 MB, 1700x2670) Image search: [Google]
1418931690860-0.jpg
1 MB, 1700x2670
>>
File: 1416157076231.jpg (1 MB, 1200x3382) Image search: [Google]
1416157076231.jpg
1 MB, 1200x3382
>>
>>33227
I am still booty bothered that the SNES Shadowrun is over the Genesis one. Genesis one has better combat controls, more freedom, and allows you with many ways to customize your character and is more true to the pen and paper game than the SNES is. It also has some neat hacking.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.