[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /wsr/ i would like to play a game with a lot of boss battles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Hi /wsr/ i would like to play a game with a lot of boss battles and some kind of upgrade or level up system

i don't really care if it's a little grindy i just want a game with a buch of boss battles and upgrades, maybe a beat em up,a plattformer or maybe an RPG with a good combat system

Any kind of game where your character starts kinda weak and you get new skills and higher stats as you play, maybe something like mega man series or devil sruvivor
>>
Undertale.
>>
File: 5336685_orig.jpg (103 KB, 575x452) Image search: [Google]
5336685_orig.jpg
103 KB, 575x452
>>41888
i don't have anything againts undertale but im looking for a game where i can punch or hurt my enemies
>>
>>41885
Dark souls sounds perfect for you
It has Everything you asked for
>>
>>41885
Metal Gear Rising sounds right up your alley.
>>
>>41885
bump. I would like to know as well
>>
>>41885
Disgaea afternoon of darkness.
>>
>>41931
Or he could play Monster Hunter 3/4, which is just a fully functional Dark Souls but with less bullshit, more weapon variety, and a vastly higher difficulty ceiling
>>
>devil survivor
You only fight like five bosses a route in that game.
Anyways, most character action games have really engaging boss fights and tons of upgrades, so the DMC series, the Bayonetta series, W101, No more Heroes (it's style over substance but the boss fights are fun and all have different experiences), Killer is dead (again style over substance, but has interesting concepts like first person boss fights, and a decently sound mechanics, if not simple), The monster hunter games, Zone of the Enders the second running, Malicious (relativity unknown, but extremely fun, and equally underrated.), The YS series (minus the pinball combat games).

If you're able to emulate Odin Sphere, RAD, Onimusha, Yakuza, and Viewtiful joe have some decent bossfights.
As far as RPGs with nice combat, Xenoblade is pretty enjoyable, same with Skies of arcadia, but neither have a real focus on bosses. But as far as RPGs with strong bosses the Tales Of series has fairly stable, and strong combat for a RPG, same for Fantasy star.
>>
>>42146
Or he could just kill himself before playing that ugly fuck called monster hunter
That shit is just a cluster fuck and only a faggot would buy 3DS
>>
>>42425
>Or he could just kill himself before playing that ugly fuck called monster hunter
You're throwing stones inside of a glass house
>That shit is just a cluster fuck and only a faggot would buy 3DS
Good thing he doesn't have to, Monster Hunter 3 is on PS2, PSP, and Wii U.
>>
>>41885
Can't believe no one has recommended Shadow of the Colossus. You grind a bit, you level up and it's a bosses-only kind of game.

Other than that, Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Other power-up and boss-centric games from checking my games collection:

Metroid games (Super Metroid, Prime and Fusion are the best IMO), Axiom Verge is in the same vein.

Binding of Isaac has a boss fight at the end of every floor. You only have one life and if you die, you start clean again. Dozens of powerups that change how you play

Dead Rising 1 & 2 have, surprisingly, a very RPG-like gameplay system. You level up, you adquire gear and you beat bosses with patterns you must learn.
>>
Not OP, but already played most of the games ITT.

Bump
>>
>>42525
Witcher series ?
>>
>>42525
So you've played Malicious?
>>
>>41885
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

2D beat'em'up with level system. Decent number of bosses for the first 2 thirds of the game, and there are bosses after bosses in the last third. Enemies randomly drop souls that you can transform into new weapons, and bosses are a bit challenging. A bit less linear than other castlevania games thanks to the map.

Also recommending Solatorobo if you want to grind new games+ for upgrades. Both are playable on DesMuME.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.