[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /wsr/, I need something. I need a game, and anime, ANYTHING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Kaminasama.jpg (48 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
Kaminasama.jpg
48 KB, 500x321
Alright /wsr/, I need something.

I need a game, and anime, ANYTHING that captures the feel of Phoenix Wright. Not the gameplay, that's not important. I've seen Aviary Attorney and it's not nearly as good. I need something about an underdog who's way out of his league, with intense characters and intense music that plays at exactly the right time. I need intense moments where everything's on the line, and if it's some criminally mundane setting, then that's all the better. I need something where big characters shout big words and make the uninteresting interesting. I need something with a fierce, hotblooded rivalry that burns hotter than the fires of brotherhood, and everything ends up alright at the end. I need something that's gonna make me laugh and cry all in one sitting, with moments where the hero finally turns things around and has the whole world and even the soundtrack on his side.

I'm well-versed in super robot anime, but I need more. Video games, movies, anything. A few games I've played can emulate the important parts of what I need (Bravely Default, Metal Gear Rising), but I feel like I've played everything in that regard. Give me something, /wsr/. I beg of you.
>>
>>41712
Kaiji
uderdog story lots of hype and intense moments probably more dark than what you are looking for though
>>
>>41712
Code Geass?
>>
>>41792
I've been meaning to watch it, I guess I will.
>>41806
>I'm well-versed in super robot anime
Code Gaess never really hit that level, though, but it was still entertaining. I guess during the Eva sublot and the end of R1
>>
>>41712
Rokka no Yuusha sort of
>>
>>41712
Kill la Kill is garbage but I think fills your requirements.
>>
>>41835
Yeah, it did a pretty good job of that. It hit all the high points I lust for, but it didn't really deliver on like anything else. It was just a hollow echo of what made TTGL good. No idea what went wrong. Maybe it was the lack of direction, maybe it was the harsh budget, maybe it was the lack of experience without Gainax's oldfags holding Imaishi's hand. It was probably Imaishi's hit-or-miss sense of humor. Who can say? Maybe it should have clung to Utena the same way TTGL clung to Getter Robo.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.