[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I read Harry Potter books as a kid and used to self insert myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: 1342242563875.jpg (488 KB, 764x2520) Image search: [Google]
1342242563875.jpg
488 KB, 764x2520
I read Harry Potter books as a kid and used to self insert myself and pretend I was a student in Hogwarts. Then I found out anime which became a new escapism tool for me for a long time but I'm fed up with it now, can't stand it anymore.

So I would be very thankful if someone can recommend any good books for escapism and such. Fantasy, scifi, realism, anything goes.
>>
File: Black Coven.jpg (56 KB, 375x499) Image search: [Google]
Black Coven.jpg
56 KB, 375x499
>>31858

Depends on if you're looking for Eastern books or Western books (translated Japanese light novels vs English). Also depends on if you insert yourself as main character or just into the settings (aka if you would be okay with a setting where everybody besides the main character isn't that great). And also depends on if you're male or female.

Western:

-For inserting as MC: Daniel Black Series (https://www.goodreads.com/series/144936-daniel-black). Probably ultimate self insert western novel that's actually not shit. Main character gets sent to a medieval world that's undergoing Fimbulwinter which is pretty much an ever-lasting winter with a ton of monsters roaming around. He uses the magic powers he gets to collect survivors, build a fortress, introduce modern day tech, build a harem, etc. Elements of interest: Transported to fantasy world, having powerful magic, applying modern day knowledge, fortress-building + survival, lots of attractive girls (succubus, elves, etc.), OP character.

-Inserting into the world (not as the MC): To be honest, there are a lot of books like that. Ex: Dresden Files, Chronicles of Narnia, Bartimaeus series, etc. It REALLY depends on what you're looking for.

Eastern:
Well, if you like escapism anime, you'll probably be interested to know that escapism webnovels/light novels are probably one of the most translated japanese novels right now.

Everything on this list:
http://www.novelupdates.com/series-ranking/?rank=popmonth&org=496
could probably fit your criteria.

And once again: it really, really helps if you can give a better criteria for what you're searching for. Even a "I'm looking for a novel like XXX" would help a lot.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.