[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone recommend some anime that's similar to Boku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
Could anyone recommend some anime that's similar to Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. I recently started watching it and loooooooove the animation as well as the mystery aspects of the story. Pls halp.
Pic related also.
>>
Check out Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent. Both very high quality works from one of the greats.
>>
File: mememe guy.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mememe guy.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
If I'm not mistaken Paranoia Agent is the one with the kid with gold bat and roller blades? I've seen that one. Need to rewatch it though, its been forever. I'll look into Perfect Blue as well. Thanks anon.
>>
>>41429
Yeah that's the one. Perfect Blue is a movie, it's a classic. Leaning closer to thriller than mystery but you should enjoy it nonetheless. My favourite mystery show in general is Hyouka but that's very different tonally so it's probably not what you're looking for.
>>
>>41432
Just watched the first 5 minutes or so of Hyouka and instantly related to Houtarou. lol I might watch it as well. Thanks again.
>>
>>41437
It's an incredible show, hope you like it. Oreki's a great protagonist.
>>
>>41437
Hyouka is great, and I say this as someone who usually hates kyoani (I only like Hyouka, Nichijou and FMP from them).

As someone else already kinda mentioned, you need to watch everything made by Satoshi Kon. Hell, go watch Tokyo Godparents right now, it's got a pretty similar style to Erased, and it's just like an hour and a half long.

As for the serious tone of the series... Haibane Renmei and Kino no Tabi, maybe.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.