[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /wsr/, it comes to this. Lets get this out of the way upfront.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_m1ks2bhL4s1qeb8hj.gif (9 KB, 116x119) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1ks2bhL4s1qeb8hj.gif
9 KB, 116x119
Okay /wsr/, it comes to this.

Lets get this out of the way upfront. I don't enjoy anime that much.

I think most of it is poorly acted, or just too out there and dumb and I cant stand many anime fans (Yes its a bias to a stereotype).

I also hate subtitles because if I'm reading I miss action, and if I watch the action, I miss the story.

Now, unfortunately for me, this makes me the odd person out in my circle. My best friends and girlfriend are very much into anime, and would like to share with me, but I can't invest my all.

I need something to watch that can help change my mind, or, just some things to check out that could be cool.

A list of anime I have watched to the end: DBZ, Full metal alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Gundam (G, 0080, 0083), Trigun

Anime I enjoyed but never finished for various reasons: Gundam build fighters/try, Soul eater, Jing, Samurai champloo, Gurran Lagan, Dragon Ball/Super, Gundam 0079, Psycho Pass, Yu Yu Hakusho, Slayers

Anime I disliked or couldnt bring myself to keep watching/start watching: Naruto (this one I have a negative bias about due to a specific person), Inuyasha, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Cowboy Bebop, Blood+, FLCL, Highschool of the dead

Anime I think would be good if I could bring myself to watch any of it: Berserk, Cowboy bebop, One punch man, Naruto (is this shit seriously like 700 episodes???)

Anyway, Im sure some got forgotten about here, but I need something either new or on my list that will help change my mind about anime and help me be able to be a part of my friends lives.
>>
Pic unrelated
>>
>>41158
Love Live! School Idol Project
>>
>>41158
Watch Berserk and Space Dandy. The dub for that is good enough.

You really missing out on anime if you're dub only. You should really watch subbed anime. The best shows should be watched sub only. America hires 3rd rate voice actors for their anime adaptions. Your're really missing out.

Stay away from Naruto, that's shit and a waste of time.
>>
>>41158
MONSTER is pretty good and I think ive heard the dubs ok
Cromarte High school dub is good
Digimon tamers is the olny one worth watching if your not into digimon
After you watch subs fo awhile it takes no effort to do both and subs tend to be better 99.9% of the time

What hobbies or inrests do you have?
if we new that we might find something that apeals to you?

Just watch what peaks your inrrest and dont force it Have some rec charts
http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations
>>
>>41231
I dont know, I like computers and tech, gaming, model building. Really not much I'm aware

As to what interests, I like things with a good story or really likable characters or just plain believable (Berserk, Attack on Titan, Brotherhood)

Or that are plain fun with pleanty of action(DBZ, Attack on Titan, Brotherhood, Buildfighters)
>>
Definitely check out clannad
>>
File: scan81.jpg (983 KB, 1214x1627) Image search: [Google]
scan81.jpg
983 KB, 1214x1627
>>41257
Serial Expiraments Lain

You're in for a wild ride.
>>
>>41158
Watch Space Dandy for cuteness and humor and Future Diary for WTF death and violence.
>>
File: scan82.jpg (722 KB, 1216x1641) Image search: [Google]
scan82.jpg
722 KB, 1216x1641
>>41293
Experiments*

My bad

Texhnolyze and Time of Eve are also good bets.

Of course, always watch sub.
>>
>>41158
so this is what a real normie pleb looks like

jesus

if that's how you see anime, you'll never enjoy anything
>>
>>41158
Aku no hana
>>
>>41158
Berserk manga is way better than the anime
You might be able to enjoy Jojo's Bizarre adventure, but keep in mind that part 1(Phamtom blood) is considered to be the weakest, so if you really dislike it you could always skip to 2(Battle tendency)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.