[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure this is easy for the most of you, but i'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: lim to 0.png (3 KB, 157x55) Image search: [Google]
lim to 0.png
3 KB, 157x55
I'm sure this is easy for the most of you, but i'd just like to know how i get from the first step to the other. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>40896
Ok OP, this stuff is really simple!

Remember, whenever you take the limit of a constant it simply is the constant. also remember that the limits of two things multiplied is equal to the limit of one * the limit of the other, provided they exist (ex: Lim (X*Y) = LIm X * Lim Y)

Because of this, you can just move allt eh constants to the left, which include 1, -1, and 1/ln3. thusly, you move -1/ ln(3) to the left and then simplify the right (x^2/x has one x cancel, since we arent evaluating at 0)
>>
it is (-1/ln3) * (x^2/(x))
since -1/ln3 is constant you can take it outside of the limit
now you have x^2/x inside the limit
since inside the limit x is never 0 you can do the simplify x^2/x to x
>>
File: Anti-derivative (1).png (2 KB, 106x52) Image search: [Google]
Anti-derivative (1).png
2 KB, 106x52
>>40902
>>40903
Thank you so much! while we are at this mind to help me with this anti-derivative?
>>
>>40896
moreover if you were a little shy about canceling an x from the limit, then apply l'Hospital and you'd get (-1/ln(3))* Lim 2x inspected at 0 from the right.

even though it would seem you could then move the 2 over and get a different value (-2/ln3 as opposed to -1/ln3) you'd still notice that lim x is resultant AND the limits for -2/ln3 * lim x at 0+ and -1/ln3 * lim x at 0+ are equal
>>
>>40904
ah, looks like you may have to do a U sub and then a trig sub.
>>
>>40909
>>40904
specifically, i'm seeign that you can set X^2 = u, and then after simplifying you could do 2*sin(t) = u and get a handy form for completing the problem. Just dont forget to switch back!
>>
>>40904
sqrt(4-9x^4) = 2 * sqrt(1 - ((3/2)x^2)^2)

so either do (3/2)x^2 = u then u = sin t
or directly (3/2)x^2 = sin t

3x dx = cos t dt
x dx = (1/3) cos t dt

x dx / 2 * sqrt(1 - ((3/2)x^2)^2)
becomes
(1/3) cos t dt / (2*sqrt(1-(sin t)'2))
since 1 - (sin t)^2 = (cos t)^2
it becomes
(1/3) cos t dt / (2*cos t)
=(1/6) * dt

anti derivative is (1/6) * t = (1/6) * arcsin((3/2)x^2)

that is if I didn't fuck up too much
>>
File: Anti-derivative (2).png (1 KB, 53x30) Image search: [Google]
Anti-derivative (2).png
1 KB, 53x30
>>40997
I did it earlier and i came to the same result.
I have another one i'm stuck with:
>>
>>41013
idea is the same = 2 * sqrt(1-(x/2)^2)
x/2 = sint -> dx = 2*cost dt

2 * sqrt(1-(x/2)^2) dx = 2 * cost * 2*cost dt
= 4 * (cos t)^2 dt (using tri identity)
= 4 * (1 + cos 2t)/2 dt = 2(1 + cos 2t)

(after another substitution u = 2t)
so it is 2t + sin2t = 2t + 2*sint*cost
: 2*arcsin(x/2) + 2*(x/2)*sqrt(1-(x/2)^2)

since sint = x/2 you can compute cost using the identity sin^2+cos^2=1
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.