[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good anime from last couple years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: eve_amarrian_by_luftwaffles.jpg (444 KB, 1050x651) Image search: [Google]
eve_amarrian_by_luftwaffles.jpg
444 KB, 1050x651
Hey guys, I first brought this request to >>135886478 by mistake. I'll repeat it briefly.

I stopped watching anime about 5 years ago and have mostly just been reading manga since then. Would like to know what the new 'classic' anime, if any, are that have come out since then. I prefer serious, seinen-type stuff (fav manga are Berserk, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Blade of the Immortal etc) I'm willing to give decent shonen a chance (manga-wise, Shingeki no Kyojin is pretty good, great foreshadowing on the plot for a shonen)

To give an indication of my taste, last anime I saw (not counting Berserk movies) was Fate/zero and it was decent but kinda dumb at parts (took me ages to get through that one episode flashbacking the main character's childhood)

I don't mind art faggy stuff like Paranoia Agent and Mononoke either. Also, would prefer to keep this to more recent stuff because I've at least heard of a lot of decent older anime but if this changes to regular recommendation thread I don't mind.

Two anime I've been meaning to watch for awhile are Serei no Moribito and Three Kingdoms.
>>
>>28296 has also proven pretty relevant to my interests.
>>
>>29075
>classics
In terms of sales, the bestsellers of the last 5 years are the sequels of Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica, Love Live!, Fate/Zero, Shingeki no Kyojin, Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Girls and Panzer.

I liked them all, but I don't have good tastes.

If you watched Bakemonogatari, the sequels are more of the same (I stopped after Nisemonogatari).

Madoka Magica is a magical girl series with a twist (but perhaps you saw it already).

Love Live! is an idol series so probably not what you are trying to find.

You saw Fate/Zero already; Fate Stay Night UBW is a route of the original visual novel involving the next grail war with servants and masters. If you didn't like Fate/Zero you probably won't like this either.

Shingeki no Kyojin animated only part of the manga; as an anime only fag it feels unfinished (I should probably just read the manga).

Girls and Panzer is about girls competing in a tournament consisting of mock battles in vintage tanks.

>Serei no Moribito
It's a good fantasy series involving a female fighter as one of the main characters.
>>
>>29075
heyo, have you seen any of the marduk scramble series yet? look into them! great animation and feel

Zero was pretty ok, right? now you have unlimited blade works series and its pretty good! if you're into fate, give it a shot too.
>>
>>29075
It may not seem like your taste but a recent 'classic' would probably be Madoka Magica.
>>
>>29096
well, the SnK manga is unfinished as well. Were another season to drop you'd be just as unhappy with closure.

>>29075
I like your manga tastes, bud
>>
>>29075
Shinsekai yori
kaiji its older than 5 years but I thought I would toss it out there anyway
Not as highly recommended but maybe worth checking out death parade and parasite
>>
since it is well liked on /a/, One Punch Man.
>>
Won't make a new thread but I have am overlap request: what are the best tv anime from 2014 besides the obvious Ping Pong, Mushishi, Dandy, Shirobako (watch those 4 OP)?
>>
>>30647
psst. you can delete your own posts.
>>
Madoka Magica was recommended here, but i'll add that you'd better watch the movies (the first two are nearly the same as the series, but more refine, the las one adds new content),and it's sor of "deconstruction of the genre", so i'd definitely check it out. Basically, with not much spoilers, it's based on christian motives and they way they handle the whole story is very witty and contemprorary.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.