[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice on this. Its my first time buying a gaming computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 126447303.jpg (431 KB, 925x1000) Image search: [Google]
126447303.jpg
431 KB, 925x1000
Need some advice on this. Its my first time buying a gaming computer so im not too sure if this is good or not.
Specs:
-EVGA SC GTX 960 2GB Graphics Card
-2×4GB Kingston HyperX FURY 2133MHz DDR4 Ram
-Intel Skylake i5 6400 2.7–3.3GHz Processor
-Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Gaming Chassis
-Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive
-Asus B150M-A Motherboard
-LG DVD Combo Drive
-500W Antec VP500P Power Supply
-Microsoft Windows 10 64bit
It costs 1500 (about 1000 USD)
I want this to be able to run Fallout 4 on good settings with a good frame rate. Will this be able to do it? Could i get more for my money?
>>
File: 126447597.jpg (455 KB, 925x1000) Image search: [Google]
126447597.jpg
455 KB, 925x1000
Or theres this one
Specs:
-Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix Graphics Card
-2×4GB Kingston HyperX FURY 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM
-Intel Skylake i5 6500 3.2 – 3.6GHz Processor
-Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive
-Kingston V300 120GB SSD
-Raidmax Viper GX Gaming Mid Tower Case (Black)
-Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 Motherboard
-600W Antec VP600P Pow Supply
-LG 24X SATA Internal Sata DVD Writer
-Aurora Green LED Light Strip
-Microsoft Windows 10 64bit
Price is 2000 (About 1300 USD)
>>
If you're planning on getting a pc, try making one part by part. Answeringyour question, yes that one should run F4 fine, although if those 1500 are € and are the maximum amount of money you're planning on spending, then you can get a much better pc for that price.

Look at this for example

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RP6CGX
>>
>>39288
Not € its NZD and is this better than the 2000 NZD one because the prices are about the same.
>>
>>39300
Faster and overclockable CPU (so it should last you longer), double the memory (RAM), faster video card, double the SSD space. It's far better for your money.
>>
>>39300
>>39310
Of course you will have the tax of living in New Zealand though so I'm not sure what it'll cost there.
>>
LogicalIncrements.com
>>
>>39300
I've not included the OS nor the Green LED Light Strip nor the optical drive. Excluding these three components, yes it is better. The GPU is the next one (970<980), there's 16Gb of RAM instead of 8Gb, the SSD has twice as much data size (it's 240Gb instead of 120 Gb), the PSU is 750W andnot 600W and the CPU is a i5 6600K which is slightly more powerful than an i5 6500. Here you can see a comparison of both http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6500.

Although the prices listed on the pc I showed you before are from the United States, so I cannot tell wether it'll be cheaper in New Zealand or not.
>>
>>39429
Thanks man appreciate it.
>>
>>39431
Glad to help. Here you can see a comparison between the 970 and the 980 http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-980-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

Again, you should check for prices in New Zealand, because that PC that I gave you before in Spain is about 1500€ which is 1,620 USD instead of the 1268.56 USD listed there. So you should be careful with the pricing.
>>
Mate, I would most certainly get a larger graphics card 4g minimum will keep you having to upgrade a little longer after a year or two make the investment and get the best model from the previous year that should hold up for 3 or 4 years, if you dont mind just playing on high might even make it 6 or 7 years, 240g SSD necessary if you want to have a small library of games that dont load like a spirit bomb, get a 4tb green WD hd better on power consumption and cheaper then the 1tb black WD (atleast they are here) Your cpu looks good(its what i have and clocks really well if you are heading down that path), atm ddr4 ram performance between expensive and cheap is minimal I would just get 8g or 16g of cheap stuff. motherboard and such is more up to you and your needs I went HAM because i use my pc for everything, music, making videos, gaming, 4k ladie videos but there are decent cheap motherboards out there that if you are only interested in gaming and watching movies will do the trick.
>>
>>39492
Would you say the one that >>39288
has made is good? like any upgrades or things like that?
>>
>>39534
That one looks a lot better maybe go noctua air cooler though bit quieter
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.