[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to find a torrent of a program called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Two spooky four me.png (11 KB, 331x298) Image search: [Google]
Two spooky four me.png
11 KB, 331x298
I've been trying to find a torrent of a program called Digicel Flipbook ProHD. I've tried several torrents but they all seem to be inactive or not working for whatever reason. (That said outside of pirate bay I don't really have any places I would look consistently)

This led to me going to sketchy sites looking for direct downloads. Aware of the risk I have scanned everything I've come across for viruses and I have two possible options here:

The two files below were put through Metascan Online (Which puts the file through 43 scan engines) and Kaspersky Security Scan:

1st came from: http://thawngzaliansharesite.blogspot.com/2011/09/digicel-flipbook-prohd-693-free-full.html

>Metascan found nothing wrong with the extracted files (it was a rar file) but 1/43 detected "Suspicious.Cloud.2" in the original file (which to my knowledge could be a false positive)

2nd came from:
http://getintopc.com/softwares/3d-animation/digicel-flipbook-prohd-free-download/

>No threats from Metascan (this one is exe file)
>Both files passed Kaspersky

Is it worth the risk here? I really want the program but I also can't afford to fuck up my computer. Thanks for reading.
>>
File: 1453455565233.jpg (129 KB, 704x792) Image search: [Google]
1453455565233.jpg
129 KB, 704x792
install the os into a virtual machine and test the program there. if it messes things up there you can just delete the vm file leaving your regular os untouched.
>>
http://www.flipbookpro.com/download/SETUPFB694.EXE - latest version that's cracked
http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/19950056/file.html - patch.
Use CGPersia for software like that.
>>
>>39017
Hadn't thought of this thanks a lot. Will be testing with this in now and in future cases

>>39052
Not trying to call you out (I'd like to hear more from you actually) but scans detected

Trojan.Win32.A.Badur.10541270[h]

in the file in the first link. I'm not a computer genius or anything but to me that is a huge red flag.
>>
>>39125
>in the file in the first link
Well, that's an executable from official site.
>>
>>39133

Oh shit I just realized. That's just... very confusing to me then. I do appreciate the help btw anon.
>>
>>39144
No worries. Google "false positives antivirus alerts" btw. If a few of AVs detect a virus it's most likely safe unless it's just discovered. Some AVs are pretty paranoid (but that's not always very bad).
>>
>>39146
Hey if you're still around I just wanted to ask about the patch you listed. Chrome blocked it automatically as malware, I recovered the file and scanned it with malwarebytes which identified it as malware. Any chance that is a false positive as well?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.