[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assistance with new desktop.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: computer.jpg (84 KB, 900x769) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
84 KB, 900x769
Hello /wsr/, looking for some guidance/advice on a computer I want to build as I have been out of the game so to speak for a while.

My hope is to play all games on highest settings at 4k resolution with steady 60FPS+

My budget is 5-6k. What do you recommend?

Thanks, /wsr/.
>>
you really should wait, if you want to play all the games in 4k @ 60fps or more. both nvidia as well as amd are doing to release much more capable gpus for that in a few months. they're not only much more powerful, but will also consume less electricity.
intel is releasing new processors soon as well.

4k is not ready yet!

if you are impatient, take the 'monstrous' build from http://www.logicalincrements.com/ and add another two titan cards and a psu that has more watt.
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
i hope you enjoy housefires.
>>
>>29221
Jesus... really? I was really looking forward to this :(

I am saddened greatly...
>>
>>29232
if you don't expect to run any 2016+ releases on ultra high, you can go for it now. watch some benchmark videos, to see if the performance is enough for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAn65mCpdig
i've seen triple A games go from anywhere between 20fps to 110fps, it highly depends on the game. since your budget is so high, i would really wait for the new hardware to come out, it'll only be like six months. you might regret it if you buy now. personally i went for 1440p @ 144hz instead of 4k, which is currently achievable in most games.
>>
>>29238
I appreciate the input! I currently run 1440p @120hz (not ultra) on my old desktop. I recently purchased a Sony 4k projector and was hoping to play single player games on it for that cinematic experience. It seems waiting may be my only option.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.