[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP ME ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1453178278626.jpg (42 KB, 433x552) Image search: [Google]
1453178278626.jpg
42 KB, 433x552
I know I'm gonna look like a big dumb newfag but here goes...
I hopped on the computer looking for adobe keys to get dreamweaver for a project in school, when I came across a download that offered said key. Like a retard, I immediately downloaded it and suddenly became bombarded with a shit ton of malware. I tried manually uninstalling the 10+ programs that were simultaneously dled but some of them claimed to be open in another program, so I then ran the task manager and ended the various processes that were preventing me from uninstalling. That seemed to work but I noticed there were still some programs in ching chong that were impossible to read and execute. So I got frustrated and tried to manually delete all the recent files that have been downloaded in my programfiles folder, but some of them were preventing me from deleting them. I managed to get a few, but when I closed that window I got bombarded with the same exact shit that i did when I first downloaded that fucking crack. I tried googling what the fuck is wrong with my computer and downloaded some anti-malware programs from more reputable sites, but that didn't seem to help and now I'm stressed the fuck out and will never complete my shit on time. Is there anything I can download or do to get rid of this shit once and for all? Or like "rollback" my computer to a time when all this poo was never started? Please /wsr/ i've been up for hours for this shit...

>tl;dr I downloaded some hidden malware and I can't completely get rid of it, is there a way to purge all this baloney?
>>
>>38669
>is there a way to purge all this baloney?
Sure is, backup what you can, delete the partition, and reinstall the OS.
>>
File: 34d8f182e5.png (35 KB, 594x235) Image search: [Google]
34d8f182e5.png
35 KB, 594x235
Do a system restore to a point before you downloaded the key.
You won't lose any of your personal files.
If that doesn't work, install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and do a scan.
>>
>>38790
Try and run it in Chameleon mode, too. It seems he'd have processes open stopping it from deleting the malware while seeming closed.
>>
>>38793
https://www.malwarebytes.org/chameleon/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.