[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STUCK ON RECOVERY MODE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: ipad.jpg (118 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
ipad.jpg
118 KB, 960x1280
I was trying to downgrade from ios 9.2 to 8 for jailbreaking my ipad mini 2 wifi. And it got stuck on the recovery mode failing even using itunes Restoring to factory content. Please help me with this one I really need this ipad for studying and working. Thanks
>>
Download the latest ISPW. Open iTunes, plug the iPad into the machine. Go to the device page, hold shift and click on Restore. Select the ISPW you downloaded and it will go to the latest iOS.
>>
>>26049
Why did you think that would work?

By downgrading the OS, you've ended up with an iPad where some partitions are downgraded, others aren't, your backup is for a later version than your OS supports, and none of your partitions are signed so your OS won't boot anyway. Most importantly, the recovery-mode ramdisk image isn't signed, so it can't even boot into recovery mode.

You need to recover your iPad using DFU mode, a recovery mode permanently burned into the CPU, where even you can't mess it up.

Connect your iPad to your PC, and then follow the steps in this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI

Your iPad will boot in DFU mode, and iTunes will be able to restore it.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.