[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with setting up a home surveillance system, Ok /wsr/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 506x424) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 506x424
Need help with setting up a home surveillance system, Ok /wsr/ so I recently inherited a decent sized amount of property and have to deal with trespassers 3 times in a span of a few weeks.

In order to make myself feel more secure I want to set up a home surveillance, I know for a fact that I want to set up 3-4 cameras, 2 of which will be near the front door and the other 2 (if possible) on the outskirts of the property to catch movement on my property line.

The thing is I have no idea how to set such a network of cameras up especially with some of them being far away from my house.

I attached a crude photo of what I'm going for
>>
>>24776
You can either go wired or wireless with the cameras. All the cameras will need power somehow, so plan for that. Some cameras record onto their internal memory, some allow for recording onto a large network drive. There are a bunch of options, which you will have to chose from.
>>
>>24776
you may want to do security lights away from the house
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-solar-powered-pir-activated-twin-head-security-light?deal_option=2890624c-9dd7-11e5-8eac-00259098486a&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_DT_SEA_GGL_TIM_TTT_PADS_CBP_CHP_NBR_g*gg-solar-powered-pir-activated-twin-head-security-light_c*83653819621_k*_m*_d*Goods-Product-Ads_keyword*_target*_adposition*1o2_prodtarget*120104409901_adtype*pla&mr:referralID=12068041-b274-11e5-b82d-00505694526f&gclid=CMD04MzpjsoCFVQYHwodaeQIUw
do you have an internal security system, a gun, or no trespassing signs?
>>
also are you handy? like happy to solder cheap chinese shit with wires run though your attic to a hard drive recording? or do you want something more plug and play that uploads to the cloud costs $200 per camera and may have reoccurring fees?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.