[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heres my question /wsr/ I have a piece of tiny software (3.6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1375856270353.jpg (16 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1375856270353.jpg
16 KB, 476x356
Heres my question /wsr/

I have a piece of tiny software (3.6 mbs) that has no dependent files, just the exe, but its fairly old and requires a serial for full usage

If google and other sources were unsuccessful in helping me remove this blockade, how might i go about fixing this?
>>
what software is it?
>>
>>37310
If you upload the exe somewhere I might be able to crack it.
>>
Heres a tinyupload link for it:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00935268818110911113
>>
OP here, disregard that link, apparently the exe cant be sent alone or it errors out.
>>
what's the software & version #, i have ollydbg loaded, a martini poured, and I'm about to get all +ORC in here
>>
Heres a new tinyupload link with the entire file.

The software is BarcodeCheck.exe its one of two exe files in the install in the barcodecheck folder. Version for that is 4.3 and it is around 3.6 mbs. The other crap i care less about.

http://www.ticketcreator.com/english/tc500setup.exe
>>
I should also note its VB6 in native code. I couldnt dig through the decompile.

I would deem you a legend among mortals if you do manage it.
>>
File: file.png (91 KB, 952x703) Image search: [Google]
file.png
91 KB, 952x703
>>37501
i noticed, i'm reviewing vb decompiler pro results now. dude has the serial check in a timer, and i'm not going to reverse all the match checks. trying to locate the final jump
>>
Yeah its pretty damn rough, i sure as hell dont have the expertise to pull that off
>>
sorry mang, i'm not finding the right path very easily and I've gotta hit the sack

>i sure as hell dont have the expertise to pull that off
ditto, curse you native vb code
>>
Bummer, appreciate the effort though.

If anyone fancies themselves to perhaps be a legend, i'll check this thread out later on!
>>
>>37310
Dude, you could have written that in the time it's taken you.

Literally all it's doing is reading barcode numbers from the serial port, and telling you if it's seen them before. It's not even decoding the barcodes like the free apps for your phone do.

It's a first-year programming exercise that for some reason has copy protection.
>>
There's some networking features i kind of need in it.

Just one final bump to find a hero out there.
>>
>>38081
Seriously, write it yourself, or get someone on fiverr to write it for you.

Hell, you know what bits of the suite are good: write your own one and eat their lunch.

That'll teach them for writing useful software and asking people to pay for it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.