[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if I opened the file in this 4chan banner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 203.png (9 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
203.png
9 KB, 300x100
What would happen if I opened the file in this 4chan banner?
>>
Nothing. It's a reference to a spambot that was active a few years back.
>>
How would you even open it?
>>
>>34655
As the picture says, copy paste it to mspaint and save as 24-bit bitmap. (propably just the grey part) I was too scared to try it.
>>
>>34658
Just did it.
Looks no different.

Changed the extension to .hta and got a weird text line akin to &*&*&*&*&*&*&...
>>
>>34650
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/4chan.hta
>>
>>34661
and now you're infected with malware, good job ;)
>>
>>35031
God damn lardvynil. All those images, lost forever...
>>
>>35048
What exactly happened to you?
>>
>>34661
Are you this retarded? You infected yourself with a trojan/worm, dumbfuck.
>>
I was thinking about a possible useful new /b/ chemo.
How do you force a buffer overflow when opening an image? I remember some boards that used it to raep newfags and it'd be fun to watch /b/ burning again.
>>
File: 4chanworm.png (11 KB, 1389x1220) Image search: [Google]
4chanworm.png
11 KB, 1389x1220
>>34650
It outputs itself as a PNG, with slightly different text.

Back in the day it would post itself to 4chan, but that was before recaptcha.

The banner version has the posting functionality taken out.
>>
>>35298
Actually, this was after the captcha. moot is dumb and installed the captcha incorrectly, allowing spammers to rape 4chan with spambots.
>>
>>35291
>How do you force a buffer overflow when opening an image?

Generally you don't, because image viewers are way up the hierarchy of "programs that deal with unsanitised input from hostile actors", and thus parsing vulns are taken very seriously and dealt with quickly, even preemptively.

LibPNG, for example, has only had eight serious remote-execution vulnerabilities since 2008.

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=7294&product_id=&version_id=&page=1&hasexp=0&opdos=0&opec=0&opov=0&opcsrf=0&opgpriv=0&opsqli=0&opxss=0&opdirt=0&opmemc=0&ophttprs=0&opbyp=0&opfileinc=0&opginf=0&cvssscoremin=6&cvssscoremax=0&year=0&month=0&cweid=0&order=1&trc=8&sha=8d0d9969ec205f0057c964201a736fa2fd99e790
>>
File: Corneliaithurts.png (12 KB, 652x109) Image search: [Google]
Corneliaithurts.png
12 KB, 652x109
>tfw it might have started becoming self aware
Cornelia was one of the most interesting spam attack on 4chins.
>>
File: 1446916674360.png (1 MB, 4040x1896) Image search: [Google]
1446916674360.png
1 MB, 4040x1896
>>35319
I agree...
>>
>>35276
Not Cordelia. girlvynil, the fat cunt who used to own encyclopediadramatica.

She deleted it to make Oh!Internet a few years ago, and a fuckton of its content was lost forever.
>>
File: Cornelia.jpg (178 KB, 429x423) Image search: [Google]
Cornelia.jpg
178 KB, 429x423
>>
>>34661
Congrats you're an hero
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.