[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requests for college app tips ideas and personal entrances to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Requests for college app tips ideas and personal entrances to any colleges good or bad.

I need help writing a college application essay for 4 of my colleges, however I'm completely lost. Can someone really help me out by posting what they tried submitting and a couple of tips?

I'm first generation and my parents haven't gone to college so they don't know how the admissions work and what to expect in my essays. They act like my throwaway essay's are some type of perfected items, which I think is clearly bad for the revision process.

Can anyone help me out? I'm a strong writer but I really do not have a clue what to do
>>
>>21831
Give us the prompts and we can go from there.
>>
>>21842

1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.

2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?

3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?

4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.

5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
>>
>>21831
fuck man. aren't these due Jan 1?
>>
Wow, these are the same exact prompts from last year and I bet years past. I got into Boston College with a 4.0 GPA and 2020 superscored SAT.

Honestly I don't even remember what I wrote for the essay, or my supplements for that matter. I do remember that it wasn't that great, but I honestly don't think changed much regarding my application.

The advice I would give is to write grammatically correct and use a thesaurus. Worry about content after that. If you have anything cool you did like a little invention you made in your garage one summer if you're for example trying to be an engineering major, write about that. If you like writing, maybe discuss your thought process while you were coming up with a small story you were creating at one time. Stuff like that is good, and those personalized, relevant anecdotes are from what I've heard do the best for this kind of thing. Good luck.
>>
>>22107
Yes man, they are due at 11:59 pm
>>
>>22123
I have a shitty GPA 3.1, with 3.8 weighted and I have a 1920 SAT, but I'm first generation hispanic with medial income from parents. [On my own I make beats/instrumentals and sell them online as well as resell hyped shoes like Yeezy's for crazy bank, I don't know if I should mention my income or any of this].

This year in my high school however, 40 applied to Boston College and 5 got in, but the only thing is kids with a flat 4.0 "weighted" got in and kids right at a 3.9 weighted on a 5-6 scale got rejected. Honestly I'm not that far off from where the rejections and acceptances lie so if I write a killer essay I'm good.

My dad legit had cancer but I already wrote an essay that was kind of generic sounding for college admissions as well as talked about a community effort I made in a peripheral country. However, I'm completely lost in terms of what I should talk about for my supplementals. From my classmates, I've heard you go on the College's website, and if it says "Our students are different–" you literally just write "I'm different", and then everything else that pops up lmao.

Is that fine to do, any other tips for common-apps/supplemental essays?
>>
>>22689
I'm also about to finalize and send of my college applications today. I sort of spend a LONG time on all the essays and asked a couple friends/teacher to edit my essays over the past semester.

If you haven't started your essays, AT LEAST WRITE SOMETHING FOR EVERY QUESTION. The questions are there to provide more information about you that you can't find from just reading your transcript, GPA, or list of activities.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.