[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Sound Issue (Alienware m14x R2)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: WIN10 No sound.png (32 KB, 744x132) Image search: [Google]
WIN10 No sound.png
32 KB, 744x132
I use an Alienware m14x r2

I updated to windows 10 about 2 months ago and there was a sound issue with my driver being incompatible with windows 10. To fix it, I installed a driver from a model which was compatible with windows 10--my computer had sound and was working fine.

Today, out of nowhere, my computer decides this, per the device manager for my driver:
>Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&155ce821&0&0301 requires further installation.

Followed by:
>Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service IntcDAud for Device Instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&155CE821&0&0301 with the following status: 0.

My sound no longer works. It says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in."
>>
Here are the steps I've tried already:
>Update device driver
>Uninstall device driver, reboot
>Update device driver-->Manually search-->Use high definition audio driver
>Install Windows 7, 8, 8.1 drivers for the m14x and force the computer to use them
>Install Windows 10 compatible drivers from other models which state the m14x r2 is supported ("no supported device can be found")
>from the boot menu (f12 while booting) did the audio test, sound played (driver issue, not hardware)
>system restore won't work because apparently system restore was disabled prior to the update (I'm not sure how)
>Troubleshooting audio playback gives "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"

I can't contact Microsoft support because their support service is utter trash and requires me to enter my microsoft password twice, but tells me the second time that it's wrong. I've tried all solutions I can find online on countless forums and videos.

I uninstalled the Soundblaster Recon3di application from my programs list because one forum said to, and now it's seemingly impossible to get back (unless I've been doing something wrong); before uninstalling the application wasn't working.

Right now it says Intel(R) Display Audio, but I know it was Soundblaster Recon3Di that was working before. The Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di CT9570 Driver (which many sites claim is the fix and which supports m14x r2) gives me an error related to not being able to get personality info.

Any help? This is supremely annoying.
Currently, where I'm staying over break has too low a bandwidth for me to try to fully reinstall windows 10 and all drivers--but If this is the only option I will try it when i get the chance.
>>
Go back to a working OS.
>>
>>22089
Thanks for the input
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.