[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wont my phone download apps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-21-38.png (141 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-16-21-38.png
141 KB, 2560x1440
Okay so the title sounds dumb but it's kinda the problem, I've downloaded two different apps and neither of them will install its extra files from the server. Am I stupid for not understanding why? Oh, and I have an LG G4 through Verizon.
Pic related, it's one of the games.
>>
First make sure you have the proper connection, of course. Do you have data/wifi? Can you download other things right now? Does the app have permission to download (especially if you're on Android 6.0, there are now granular "as they're needed" permission requests not just at install time)? Do you have any programs that for one reason or another block certain connections (ie ad blockers, hosts files, DNS rerouting etc..)?

Next, are these downloads coming from inside the app themselves? That is to say, you downloaded something from an app store (and which one did you get these from?) ran it, and then it said it needed to download something else once you opened the app?

I've not run int othis issue myself, but I would suggest checking the app's page in the market, as well as anytthing regarding verizon to see if there are issues reported by other users.
>>
>>21944
I've checked the internet and this doesn't seem to be a problem for G4s and any other phone/device the problem occurs on the forum post goes unresolved.
I can download the app from the play store, but the in-app download doesn't run.
I have ad block but it doesn't run on my home network.(I haven't set it up)
I am running the android version before marshmallow.
I also was able to in-app download the resources for minecraft story mode and this war of mine.
I tried downloading it on data but it has the same problem.
>>
>>21944
Oh, and I don't have any proxies or whatevers.
>>
>>21951
and you have space on your phone? you're here so your not a mouth breather, but it hasn't been asked. some things will only download over wifi, are you sure your wifi link is solid?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-18-42-49.png (385 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-18-42-49.png
385 KB, 1440x2560
>>22001
I have >2gb of storage in my phone and >8gb on my card, so that's not a problem, and pic related shows my WiFi is A-okay(I think...). I could unplug my router and plug it back in but it doesn't seem to have any problems as I can stream 720p YouTube videos...
>>
>>22009
and you've turned your data off to make sure it's the wifi and tried the content download with it off to make sure it's not having any hybrid issues?
>>
>>22016
Yup, I'm in airplane mode now(WiFi on of course) and still nothing, I've even enabled background data for Google play services.
>>
>>22022
looked around a little more, try a power down reboot on your router and people say that the storage reporting isn't trustworthy on those, download a 3rd party app for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-44-58.png (105 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-44-58.png
105 KB, 1440x2560
>>22048
I'm 100% sure on the free space on my phone, I just uninstalled Minecraft Story mode, attemted to download the other app, and after nothing happened I attempted to reinstall Minecraft, and it started downloading no problem.
Pic related, for proof.
>>
>>22077
then i dunno, phones are tough.
>>
>>22112
Huh, well I'll take it in then, my screen has a burn in the upper right corner that I want to get handled anyways.
Thank you for your help.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.