[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ww5Dq33.jpg (147 KB, 635x960) Image search: [Google]
ww5Dq33.jpg
147 KB, 635x960
PC running slow as fuck and i have tried almost everything to fix it.Please help this newfag
>>
I have runned malwaresbytes, avg and malicuos software removal tool in windows safe mode; checked the memory, defrag the disk, cleaned it and fixed the registry.
It's not a temperature problem nor a bottleneck.
SPECS:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
AMD FX 6300 Six-Core
8GB of RAM Kingston 533mhz
500GB of storage
600W PSU

PS: I have updated drivers and i have noticed that my GPU Load doesnt go up very much in some games (I have low FPS in Warcraft 3 and Age of Empires with this PC PLEASE HELP)
>>
>>21061
Im guessing you have Win 8.1 or 10, which dont get along with old games like the ones you mentioned, even 7 sometimes.

Also you are not clear about your problem, running slow by itself or running slow only in your games.
Running slow by itself, if you really did all that already, clean your PC from all the dust, take out each piece, clean it, put it in again, repeat with every single part. Check your task manager and see what you can find, if theres anything eating ram or something. If the problem is really bothersome consider a clean windows reinstall.

Running slow in your games, theres plenty of solutions out there, try to google a bit.
>>
>>21223

A clean reinstall is sometimes a good idea with windows machiens in general - any windows OS from XP onwards has a small memory leak every time it boots up so it's a good idea to renuke your install every 6 months for optimal performance.
>>
This solutions that you say i have to google are descripted in the post, i could not found more, that's why i'm asking here. Now i will buy a SSD so i think problems should go. Thanks for the help anyways
>>
>>21064
It sounds like you have a lack of CPU.

Inb4 >AMD

Does your BIOS initialise your processor correctly? Have you updated it to the latest release?

Is your heatsink attached correctly? Can you rule out thermal throttling?

If you launch taskmgr as administrator and show processes from all users, is anything pegging the processor?
>>
>>21557
>>21061
And did your PC ever work properly in the past?
>>
install gentoo
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.