[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: yui.jpg (16 KB, 128x101) Image search: [Google]
yui.jpg
16 KB, 128x101
Can someone please tell me what's the quickest way to start playing guitar by yourself ?

I really wanna play but just memorizing chords doesn't seem to be that useful.
>>
>>33194
Rocksmith 2014.

The only better way is actual instruction.
>>
>>33194
It depends, do you wanna learn classical guitar or just strum 3 chords at a party?
>>
>>33202
I want to learn it for real, but being able to play easy songs soon would be a real plus

>>33199
I don't have any console nor an electric guitar...
>>
>>33241
What type of songs do you want to play?

>>33202
Do not bully the drop.
>>
>>33241
>I want to learn it for real, but being able to play easy songs soon would be a real plus
>I don't have any console
Then go get one. You can pick up a 360 for less than $50. The only better way is to pay someone to teach you.

>nor an electric guitar...
Why'd you post a pic of Yui then? They're no more the same instrument than pianos and harpsichords are.
>>
https://kat.cr/learn-master-guitar-complete-1-20-dvdrip-t1974414.html
>>
>>33194
install tuxguitar and start downloading guitarpro tabs of simple songs you would like to play, you can slow the tempo and play along until you can play full speed...
>>
>>33199
Heard the plug for that thing is a shoddy piece of crap.
>>
>>33300
Might sound pretentious, but ultimately I'd like to be able to play more or less any songs in a few years ?

>>33306
I just chose Yui cause I had a pic of her
And I can't buy a 360, I'm broke for now.

>>33372
I'll give it a try, thanks anon.

>>33350
Is it really good ?
>>
>>33403
>Is it really good ?
It's REALLY good.

Of course though, it's for absolute beginners, but if you follow the exercises like you should, you'll be able to play some pro shit in a few months. It also teaches you music.

Though of course, it's still just an introduction. After you're done with it, you'll want to specialize in whatever techniques you want, but you'll have the foundations to do it properly.
>>
>>33426
Thanks a lot anon !
>>
Justinguitar is pretty good.
Or learn the songs you like, your hands will automatically get used to it
>>
>>33428
Enjoy.

And get an electric guitar as soon as you can, because the exercises for acoustic and electric are actually quite different.

For a beginner, I'd recommend the Epiphone Slash pack. By far. It's under $300, and it comes with a pretty good guitar (it's a cheap Epi Les Paul with better pots than many Gibsons and Fenders, that even has an in-built tuner), a simple but nice 15W amp that even comes with an overdrive switch and aux in, and all the other usual things you'll need, like gig bag, picks, strap, cable and shit.

I don't really like Slash's music, but I gotta respect him for designing that shit for Epiphone at that price. Really nice for beginners, and whenever I've given it as a gift, kids love it. And I love mine too, which I got after seeing how good the first one I gave away was.
>>
>>33436
I'll probably get one then, thank you again.
>>
Scales my nigga

Learn your scales and you can play anything
>>
>>33440
Look for videos of it on youtube. They'll make you desire it, and that desire will make you save up for it more easily.
>>
>>33444
I'll do that too then, thank you anon.
>>
>>33436
>>33439
I'm sure that's a decent deal, but you can really get a LOT more quality for your money from these guys: http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html I've been playing for about 15yrs and worked at a guitar shop for a couple years and my main instrument is from here...
also this: >>33440
>>
>>33476
I disagree.

You can get them much cheaper. Yes. But not THAT much cheaper. The Slash epi is under $200 without the amp. The cheapest rondo guitars are just a bit under $100, and you can get the cheapest Epiphones for that price with the same quality. But that's the difference: quality.

I got a bass from them a few years back. Their copy of Paul McCartney's Hofner. And... I mean, I do like it a lot, for the money. But the quality is most definitely cheap. It's not very comfortable to play, it gets out of tune pretty easily, the frets are all over the place with the action high as shit but if you try to take it down you start getting buzz, the humbuckers are just magnet slabs... it's not a good instrument, even if you can enjoy it because it's cheap as fuck.

The Epi Slash, on the other hand, is like a miracle. It's a ridiculous instrument for its price. Especially the pots, each one of those things should be worth more than the guitar itself. With it, you DO get quality for your money. With the Rondo instruments... you get them for cheap, yeah, but that's that.
>>
>>33194
Check out namasensei's guitar videos.
>>
>>33528
I'll take your word on it, I have one from the Agile series, which does get a lot more attention than their other lines... sounds like a nice instrument, one of my favorite guitars I've played was a japanese made squire (Fender's equivalent of Gibson's Epiphone) so it can definitely be good...
>>
>>33531
I'll check it out, thank you anon.
>>
>>33194
I just practiced easy exercises, things like practicing all the shapes of the pentatonic scales and gaining confidence and speed. Also practicing chromatic stuff, you know. Exercises, there are TONS on the internet. Practice with a metronome, it helps you build speed. First very slow, little increments of speeds when you feel confident at the speed you are at.

I never got a proper education, but soon you'll be shredding.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s18CMamUdBpe

Excuse the horrible mic, the horrible tuning and the lack of amp. It's late here.
>>
>>33564
Sounds impressive assuming you've learned by yourself.
>>
>>33194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsnELWjsCsA

literally the best song to begin with, it is easy and has a lot of the basic essentianls for playing le guitar
>>
>>33565
I'm a pretty shitty player, I don't take time to learn things properly. If you hear close, there are lots of mistakes in that piece. The point is, I was just "bragging" to show you that practicing scales, easy songs, doing exercises with a metronome for a year or two can take you to places. Just keep at it!
>>
>>33403
Then learn your fucking chords, idiot. If you don't have the discipline to suffer through the basics you've already failed.
>>
Pretty much what others have said, but also when starting out make sure to just play stuff slowly. In time, but slow and accurate, beats trying to play at a normal pace and making mistakes all over the place.
>>
>>33697
There's far more to guitar than memorising chords.

The reason Rocksmith is so good is that it will nitpick you on mutes, harmonies, slides, bends, tapping, while making you play your chords clean, all whilst you just think you're having fun playing a real song.

The way it works is that it's got 20-30 different versions of each song, that get progressively more complex until you're playing the actual song as the original artist did. It splits each song up into sections and these sections level up independently. So you're constantly being challenged, and you'll see actual tangible progress.

There are also "guitarcade games" that are cunningly-disguised fingering exercises. Unlike just doing them on a guitar, the exercises are marked, so you won't get past "House of the Chorded" unless you're playing the chords accurately and cleanly, and you won't get them in time unless you can form the chord without looking down at the strings.

Plus it models the actual amp each song uses, so what you hear is what you're actually playing, run through the correct effects. It's a big confidence boost hearing yourself play and seeing how close to the actual song what you're doing is.
>>
>>33194
Beginner guitar player here, just about to reach the 1 year mark so take my advice with a very BIG grain of salt.

>Practice scales
Yes, they are boring as fuck but it's a fundamental you need to know by heart if you wanna get anywhere.
>Practice using a metronome
I don't know why so many people don't do this when starting out. You can use apps on your phone to act as one if you want.
>Slow the fuck down
You will never be able to play a song 100% of the speed when you start out so slow it down even to half speed and grind it down till you feel very confident. Gradually up the speed. And play it clean, you can play faster if you get sloppy but you are going to sound like shit so it doesn't matter.

>inb4 anyway here's Wonderwall
>>
Pianist here, play a bit of guitar on the side tho. The absolutely best and quickest way to learn any instrument is to get a teacher/instructor. Beginners make mistakes they don't even know about (not just hitting the wrong notes, technical stuff that you have no way of knowing), if you learn bad habits you will have a bad time they will slow down your progress and relearning shit takes 3 times more time and effort than learning properly.

As a general advice on practice, use a metronome (the biggest love/hate relationship you will ever have with anything), practice slow as shit, like, so slow you are bored, it's hard to make mistakes while playing slow as shit but muscles remember all the same, so you will build muscle memory without actually learning the mistakes you would make while practicing faster.

Also, it's better to learn a bunch of easier songs than to beat yourself up over some masterpiece for months. Increase difficulty of pieces you learn gradually. I sort of think about it like some sport, like boxing, if you fight a master right away you will get your shit punched so fast you won't have a chance to do anything, so instead you always fight opponents that are only slightly better than you until you can beat them then you gradually fight better and better opponents until you can face the master. It might sound basic but I have seen too many beginners who think that they will just learn the difficult song and it will teach them everything even if it takes longer, but that's not true, the best you can hope for in that direction is playing a very half-assed version of that song and nothing else.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.